Sign in with
Your question

Printer not working

Last response: in Mac Os X
January 31, 2013 11:24:59 PM

I just purchased a Brother HL2270DW Printer. I am having a hard time getting it to print.

Here is a screenshot of the Printers pref panel, the Printer Queue and the printer's status utility.

Any help is much appreciated.

More about : printer working

January 31, 2013 11:50:28 PM

Yeah, the actual test on the printer works. I cannot send any jobs from the computer to the printer

m
l
Related resources
February 1, 2013 12:18:08 AM

your printer is in sleep mode that wy it is not responding look at your first picture nad use you printer manual to set it .
m
l
February 1, 2013 12:43:54 AM

Doesn't seem to make a difference

Here the printer is awake and the computer is trying to connect to it

It still fails however

I am able to print a test page from the Brother utility, but not OSX.

m
l
February 1, 2013 1:43:53 AM

I did indeed. It seems to print fine over USB, just not Wireless.
m
l
February 1, 2013 1:47:02 AM

then check in the printer settings for the wireless one .
m
l
February 1, 2013 2:05:54 AM

The wireless settings are fine as I am able to communicate with the printer using Brother's tools. It just won't work from OSX. I haven't tried it on Windows yet.
m
l
February 1, 2013 8:13:54 PM

It seems to be a networking issue. I have two routers on my network. I am puzzled why it's not working.

They are properly configured, at least seemingly so. The printer is connected to router A and my computer to router B. It works fine there. When I move the computer to connect it to router A, it no longer works.
m
l
February 1, 2013 11:53:08 PM

it could router wi--fi signal interference when the are both in router a ddi you try both in router b if you have the same issue .
m
l
February 2, 2013 12:06:45 AM

It shouldn't be. I put one router on channel 1 and the other on 11. It's odd that it can't print when they are on the same router, but when on different routers they are fine.

It can also see the printer, adds it no problem. It just won't print.
m
l
February 2, 2013 12:41:58 AM

The channel shouldn't make a difference as that is just the frequency it's communicating on. They're different to prevent clashing and every guide I have seen has said to use so different channels with duplicate SSIDs. I will however disable one of the routers and see what happens.
m
l
February 2, 2013 12:54:49 AM

be around for result .
m
l
!