Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

how to acces web cam direct behind router

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
July 4, 2005 9:24:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

Hi
I have connected a webcam behind my router, I have no problem accesing the
cam form an other computer connected to the router by entering
http://192.168.1.100:8080/ , so far so good. How do i acess the cam via the
internet when the cam is behind a router connected via cable modem ie with
ip adress

IP Address: yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
DNS 1: 192.168.1.100

All advises are highly apriciated
--
Brgds
Lars Funder
www.larsfunder.dk
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 9:24:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:24:10 +0200, "Lars" <lars@zzzzzzzzz.dk>
wrote:

>
>Hi
>I have connected a webcam behind my router, I have no problem accesing the
>cam form an other computer connected to the router by entering
>http://192.168.1.100:8080/ , so far so good. How do i acess the cam via the
>internet when the cam is behind a router connected via cable modem ie with
>ip adress
>
>IP Address: yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
>Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
>Default Gateway: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>DNS 1: 192.168.1.100
>
>All advises are highly apriciated

The below link has the basic info you need.

http://www.sonicjay.com/cam/cam_how_to.htm
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 9:24:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:24:10 +0200, Lars wrote:

> Hi
> I have connected a webcam behind my router, I have no problem accesing the
> cam form an other computer connected to the router by entering
> http://192.168.1.100:8080/ , so far so good. How do i acess the cam via the
> internet when the cam is behind a router connected via cable modem ie with
> ip adress
>
> IP Address: yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
> Default Gateway: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> DNS 1: 192.168.1.100
>
> All advises are highly apriciated

You have to forward port 8080 in your router so that when you connect
outside the LAN, you can connect with the WAN ip address.
--
People are like teabags - you don't know how strong they are until you put
them in hot water.

RocinanteREMOVETHIS@gmail.com
7/4/2005 11:45:40 AM
Related resources
July 4, 2005 10:04:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

"Rocinante" <RocinanteREMOVETHIS@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:1x2tz8rkakudr$.sr4u7pfuud14.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:24:10 +0200, Lars wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I have connected a webcam behind my router, I have no problem accesing
>> the
>> cam form an other computer connected to the router by entering
>> http://192.168.1.100:8080/ , so far so good. How do i acess the cam via
>> the
>> internet when the cam is behind a router connected via cable modem ie
>> with
>> ip adress
>>
>> IP Address: yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
>> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
>> Default Gateway: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>> DNS 1: 192.168.1.100
>>
>> All advises are highly apriciated
>
> You have to forward port 8080 in your router so that when you connect
> outside the LAN, you can connect with the WAN ip address.
> --
> People are like teabags - you don't know how strong they are until you put
> them in hot water.
>
> RocinanteREMOVETHIS@gmail.com
> 7/4/2005 11:45:40 AM



Thank you for your adviceses, it is now working
Thanx


--
Venlig Hilsen
Lars Funder
www.larsfunder.dk
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:04:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

"Lars" <lars@zzzzzzzzz.dk> wrote:
> Thank you for your adviceses, it is now working
> Thanx

Nice Web page you've got there, Lars, though you might consider changing
the foreground/background color combination on the left side bar to
increase contrast.

Rudy
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:50:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

> Thank you for your adviceses, it is now working
> Thanx

Confirmed, it works, refreshes every couple seconds,
now you have to learn to smile.
July 5, 2005 1:47:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

"bumtracks" <lost@disney.lan> skrev i en meddelelse
news:Exfye.20573$Fn4.9130@trnddc06...
>> Thank you for your adviceses, it is now working
>> Thanx
>
> Confirmed, it works, refreshes every couple seconds,
> now you have to learn to smile.
Yeah thats correct, but you know it hasnt been weather for paragliding the
last days:-( so maybe more smiles after Friday:-), again thanx :-)
--
Brgds.
Lars Funder
www.larsfunder.dk
July 5, 2005 2:20:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

"R. P." <r_pol12gar@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:ru-dnYDDrvPzCVTfRVn-1g@comcast.com...
> "Lars" <lars@zzzzzzzzz.dk> wrote:
>> Thank you for your adviceses, it is now working
>> Thanx
>
> Nice Web page you've got there, Lars, though you might consider changing
> the foreground/background color combination on the left side bar to
> increase contrast.
>
> Rudy

Thank you for your advise, color has changed, next projekt will be to attach
a wifi web cam to the paraglider, just for fun.

--
Brgds
Lars Funder
www.larsfunder.dk
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:20:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

>
> Thank you for your advise, color has changed, next projekt will be to
> attach a wifi web cam to the paraglider, just for fun.
>
make sure you put a disclaimer on the link
I'm afraid of heights.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:20:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

"Lars" <lars@zzzzzzzzz.dk> wrote:
> Thank you for your advise, color has changed,

Now you're talkin'. Much better.

> next projekt will be to attach
> a wifi web cam to the paraglider, just for fun.

That should be interesting. Just don't break your neck doing it.

Rudy
!