SpeedGeek

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2002
Well, I know I must be the 1000's person to post a message like this,
But I guess it's always relevant.

I need to buy a new PC, but, it's not very urgent. And I don't want to buy one now and then have a new form factor come out on my ass in a couple of weeks.

So - When can I expect the next processor line to come out ?
And - When will the next price drop be ?
Oh and - There has to be a site that keeps track... Like a graph of cpu prices to show you how often they drop and how close you are to an estimated drop.

Am I right or am I right?

Or am I right?

Or am I ?

Or!

pat

Expert
Well, I know I must be the 1000's person to post a message like this,
But I guess it's always relevant.

I need to buy a new PC, but, it's not very urgent. And I don't want to buy one now and then have a new form factor come out on my ass in a couple of weeks.

So - When can I expect the next processor line to come out ?
And - When will the next price drop be ?
Oh and - There has to be a site that keeps track... Like a graph of cpu prices to show you how often they drop and how close you are to an estimated drop.

Am I right or am I right?

Or am I right?

Or am I ?

Or!

no.. wait forever. you don't need a computer. You need a life.

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
On the AMD side, AM2+ and AM3 are announced.

We don't know enough about K8L to predict its performance relative to C2D, so I cant tell you if it is worth waiting for.

We don't know for sure, but AM2+ CPUs might work in AM2 boards, again this is a little shaky atm :/

On the Intel side, we have LGA775. This has been around for a while now, but the next chipset, Bearlake, and the 45nm shrink of Conroe, Wolfdale, should be on LGA775 in Q3 2007.

Intel have announced Conroes with a 1333FSB, these are aimed at the Bearlake platform, indicating Bearlake will be LGA775. Wolfdale will be aimed at Bearlake, indicating Wolfdale is also LGA775.