Webcam software with user login, pan/tilt, motion detection?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 4, 2005 6:18:31 PM

I would like to set up a site where I can allow certain users to login and
control the camera (D-link, DCS-5300G). Other users would just get live
streaming without the ability to control the pan/tilt function. In
addition, I would like to insert my own text and html coding on the page.
Is there any webcam software that can do this?

--
Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together.

RocinanteREMOVETHIS@gmail.com
7/4/2005 2:15:25 PM
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:45:23 PM

you don't need any software,
you need to view source and figure out how to use what the camera offers
natively.

"Rocinante" <RocinanteREMOVETHIS@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to set up a site where I can allow certain users to login and
> control the camera (D-link, DCS-5300G). Other users would just get live
> streaming without the ability to control the pan/tilt function. In
> addition, I would like to insert my own text and html coding on the page.
> Is there any webcam software that can do this?
>
> --
> Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together.
>
> RocinanteREMOVETHIS@gmail.com
> 7/4/2005 2:15:25 PM
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:45:24 PM

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:45:23 GMT, bumtracks wrote:

> you don't need any software,
> you need to view source and figure out how to use what the camera offers
> natively.
>
> "Rocinante" <RocinanteREMOVETHIS@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I would like to set up a site where I can allow certain users to login and
>> control the camera (D-link, DCS-5300G). Other users would just get live
>> streaming without the ability to control the pan/tilt function. In
>> addition, I would like to insert my own text and html coding on the page.
>> Is there any webcam software that can do this?
>>
>> --
>> Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together.
>>
>> RocinanteREMOVETHIS@gmail.com
>> 7/4/2005 2:15:25 PM

I can ftp to the camera, but it won't let me copy over files.

--
Youth and skill are no match for experience and treachery.

RocinanteREMOVETHIS@gmail.com
7/4/2005 3:57:31 PM
!