Local domain synching

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 21, 2005 3:50:56 AM

Newb here so please be patient.

I have a laptop running Windows 2000 Pro which belongs to work. It sits at
home mainly as my VPN client.

When my password at work expires (they use Active Directory), I still log
on to my laptop at home with my old password. I assume this is because the
local AD account information is cached. Then I log on to my work network
through a VPN. Things are mostly fine. If I want to use Outlook, I have
to specify my name, password and domain. Normally this isn't necessry
through single sign on.

My question.... Is there a way I can force the local cache to synch up
with my work's AD domain after I VPN in? I find that I have to bring my
laptop back to work and hook it up directly to the LAN there in order for
the cache to get synched. I'd rather have a solution for home.

Mel

More about : local domain synching

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 10:33:18 PM

No MS gurus reading these?
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 11:51:04 AM

No idea, I suggest the Win2000.networking group.

Melvin F wrote:

> No MS gurus reading these?
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 5:49:51 PM