Can any Webcam Software do this?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 7, 2005 1:56:21 AM

Home security and remote monitoring required.

1. Support multiple Webcams including one Wifi based and two USB based
2. Use my PC and permanent 2Mbitps broadband as a webserver allowing me to:
a. access and view any of the webcams in real time via another PC connected
to the web
b. use motion detection and record triggered event videos and allow me to
view these view the web
c. allow areas of the scene to be ignored when running motion detect

Any recommendations for the above and webcams to go with it. Good in low
light conditions a must.

Thanks

Andy

More about : webcam software

July 7, 2005 4:54:26 PM

http://www.webcamxp.com/

does all that for me.

"nc" <colosimo@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D ahk25$fpq$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Home security and remote monitoring required.
>
> 1. Support multiple Webcams including one Wifi based and two USB based
> 2. Use my PC and permanent 2Mbitps broadband as a webserver allowing me
> to:
> a. access and view any of the webcams in real time via another PC
> connected to the web
> b. use motion detection and record triggered event videos and allow me to
> view these view the web
> c. allow areas of the scene to be ignored when running motion detect
>
> Any recommendations for the above and webcams to go with it. Good in low
> light conditions a must.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy

July 8, 2005 10:11:31 PM

"nc" <colosimo@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D ahk25$fpq$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Home security and remote monitoring required.
>
> 1. Support multiple Webcams including one Wifi based and two USB based
> 2. Use my PC and permanent 2Mbitps broadband as a webserver allowing me
> to:
> a. access and view any of the webcams in real time via another PC
> connected to the web
> b. use motion detection and record triggered event videos and allow me to
> view these view the web
> c. allow areas of the scene to be ignored when running motion detect
>
> Any recommendations for the above and webcams to go with it. Good in low
> light conditions a must.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy

not sure about all those functions but take a look at Active Webcam
www.pysoft.com
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 2:25:22 AM

Cheers Guys. Checking them out.