Connect with "DIRECT CABLE" is very slow.

I try connect win2000 (Pentium 4 / 1.8Ghz) with win98 (Pentium 1 / 66 mhz)
by "Dirrect Cable". I use LPT Cable and win2000 as Host. But why is it
very-very slow? Because I copy file that have size is 80mb, it spend till 2
hours. Is it true? Or I wrong in setting?

"Bpk. Adi Wira Kusuma" <adi_wira_kusuma@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> I try connect win2000 (Pentium 4 / 1.8Ghz) with win98 (Pentium 1 / 66 mhz)
> by "Dirrect Cable". I use LPT Cable and win2000 as Host. But why is it
> very-very slow? Because I copy file that have size is 80mb, it spend till
2
> hours. Is it true? Or I wrong in setting?

direct cable is VERY SLOOOOW.
you would be alot better off useing network cards to conect the computers

Is that right? Because I tried to connect win98 to win98 with Direct Cable.
But this can rather much more quickly. Why can it be? Is its cause both
computer use the same OS? Or What?