USB Mass Storage Drive Letter

I have irecently nstalled SP4 on Windows 2000 and I have a USB Memory Stick
that is being recongized by the operating system but when I go to My Computer
to try and access it, I am not being able to find a Drive Letter that is
assigned to it. I plug it into my Windows XP system and it works fine. How do
get a drive letter to be able to access my USB Memory Stick on Windows 2000?
2 answers Last reply
More about mass storage drive letter

    It's probably trying to use a drive letter that already being used. Try
    reassigning the jump drive letter in Disk Management.
    Start|Run|diskmgmt.msc

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Matt" wrote:
    |I have irecently nstalled SP4 on Windows 2000 and I have a USB Memory Stick
    | that is being recongized by the operating system but when I go to My
    Computer
    | to try and access it, I am not being able to find a Drive Letter that is
    | assigned to it. I plug it into my Windows XP system and it works fine. How
    do
    | get a drive letter to be able to access my USB Memory Stick on Windows
    2000?

    To open Disk Management, click Start, point to Settings, click Control
    Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer
    Management. In the console tree under Storage, click Disk Management.

Windows 2000 USB Windows