New system start-up issues

mouner

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
Whenever I start up my PC it shutsdown after a few seconds and then starts back up again in a cycle. System consists of C2D E6400, Gigabyte 965 mobo, X1950XT, 2gb DDR800 RAM (budget), I have tested the system with a cheap graphics card (RADEON 7000 PCI) and it seems to work fine so I don't think it's an issue with the RAM as a few people suggest.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated, I just want the damn thing to run properly.
Cheers
P.S. don't seem to be getting any display to monitor but that may just be cos it's not far enough into the start-up procedure.

leo2kp

Distinguished
I have the GA965P-DQ6 board and had that problem when I was overclocking too high. Like already suggested, try BIOS update. I fixed my problem by letting it sit for like 2 minutes unplugged. Could also try resetting the BIOS before an update. I think it has to do with RAM voltage or something. Dunno.

mouner

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
I think i have 13/14A on my 12v rails, PSU is a Coolermaster Igreen power 430w if you wanna check. I already have the f5 bios so I don't think updating to f6 is gonna make much difference, i'm not that techno-savvy so I don't want to risk crippling my mobo if it won't make much difference. Apparently all f6 does is add quad-core support anyway.