Always need password in OE 6?

I have 2 computers set up with Win 2K and all current updates.
I have the same e-mail accounts set up on both computers and I have checked
both computers setting in OE6 and as far as I can tell, they are the same.
The one computer will check my e-mail and go to my in box every time i turn
it on, but on the other computer it always asks me for my pass word no
matter if I check the save box or not.
I have even set up other e-mail accounts on this machine and it still asks
me for a password.
Even using a different Identity it asks for a password every time.
What am I missing here .
It's driving me nuts.
TIA,
Amir

Try asking in a group specific to your email software.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Amir Facade wrote:
> I have 2 computers set up with Win 2K and all current updates.
> I have the same e-mail accounts set up on both computers and I have checked
> both computers setting in OE6 and as far as I can tell, they are the same.
> The one computer will check my e-mail and go to my in box every time i turn
> it on, but on the other computer it always asks me for my pass word no
> matter if I check the save box or not.
> I have even set up other e-mail accounts on this machine and it still asks
> me for a password.
> Even using a different Identity it asks for a password every time.

Windows will ask for a password at startup if it is part of a workgroup.
I guessing, but if you turn on PC-1 while PC-2 is off, PC-1 will
assume it is a single machine and not ask for the password. If you
leave PC-1 on and then turn on PC-2, PC-2 will see PC-1 and enter the
same workgroup after you have supplied the password.

I haven't played with this but it might work to tell both PCs they are
in different workgroups. Is there an option for no workgroup?

Outlook Express 6 is part of my Win 2K installation.

"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
: Try asking in a group specific to your email software.
:
: --
: Regards,
:
: Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
: "Amir Facade" wrote:
[...]
: |
: |
: |
: |
:
:

Wrong group try asking them here inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

--

"Amir Facade" wrote:
| Outlook Express 6 is part of my Win 2K installation.

Thanks for the reply, but this has nothing to do with work groups.
The 2 computers are 130 miles apart.
I am talking about Outlook Express asking for a password on one computer and
not on another when both computers are set-up identically.

"William W. Plummer" <William.Plummer@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
: Amir Facade wrote:
[...]

Thanks Dave.
I did and got an answer .
Amir

: "Amir Facade" wrote:
: | Outlook Express 6 is part of my Win 2K installation.
:
:

Glad to hear it's sorted.