CD Writing in Windows 2000

I have two desktop machines using Windows 2000, and 2 Sony laptops with
Windows XP. Writing to CDs in XP is easy as the writing tool is within XP,
but I can't find anything similar in my Windows 2000. If I use Nero, the XP
macines read it, but write to a different track, and then the Windows 200
machine doesn't read it as a whole. If I use InCD, the XP will read it, but
then cannot write to the CD with InCD information on it!

Is there a download to create a similar system to that in XP for Windows
2000? If so, where is it, and how do I download it and install it? Any help
very gratefully received

dl

Win2k has no cd write capability. You have to use a third party tool, eg
Nero etc
If you are saying you used nero in win2k then cannot add to a track with
winxp I would guess that it might be ok if you used the identical nero on
both sys