Very Slow Boot

One of my DCs takes about 17 minutes to fully reboot. I have disabled
unnecessary services. The DC serves as a DNS, WINS, and also a Spam Filter.
I checked the CPU times in the task manager and the highest CPU time (except
for idle) is 7 seconds. Any ideas of how I can speed this up or atleast
check to see what is taking so long.

Thanks,
Preacher Man

"Preacher Man" <nospam> wrote in message
> One of my DCs takes about 17 minutes to fully reboot. I have disabled
> unnecessary services. The DC serves as a DNS, WINS, and also a Spam
> Filter. I checked the CPU times in the task manager and the highest
> CPU time (except for idle) is 7 seconds. Any ideas of how I can speed
> this up or atleast check to see what is taking so long.
>
> Thanks,
> Preacher Man

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833722

try using the bootlog option to see if that helps find the probs?

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I bet you have a defective network card, or similar device,,,,,,,,, remove
all you
can physically and retry boot test.........