Map network drive

I am having trouble creating net work drives.

My problem happens because the create network drive wizard is not
visable for the basic computer users group on the network.

If i log on to a machine using the networl admin account i can create
a network drive for a user, except that when i log off and log back on
as that user the network drive isnt visable.

There is obvouisly a way of doing this whilst being logged on as the
administrator but applying that shar to a user.

Any ideas thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Map-network-drive-ftopict376157.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1223749

From: "tallpaul101" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com>

| I am having trouble creating net work drives.
|
| My problem happens because the create network drive wizard is not
| visable for the basic computer users group on the network.
|
| If i log on to a machine using the networl admin account i can create
| a network drive for a user, except that when i log off and log back on
| as that user the network drive isnt visable.
|
| There is obvouisly a way of doing this whilst being logged on as the
| administrator but applying that shar to a user.
|
| Any ideas thanks
|
| --
| Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
| Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
| Topic URL:
http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Map-network-drive-ftopict376157.html
| Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1223749

The best way is to map drives in a Login Script.

From the script you can use the NET.EXE utility to map a drive.

Such as...
net use p: \\server\share_name

Login Scripts can be assigned by using the Group Policy Editor

Execute; %windir%\system32\gpedit.msc

User Configuration --> Windows Settings --> Scripts (Logon/Logoff) --> Logon

Click on "add" and point to the BAT file or script you wish to use.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm