sound suddenly quits mid-song

Daniel

Hi does anyone know why my windows 2000 professional service pack 4 computer
....when i play any song or sound file in any of the different programs i
have..i.e. iTunes or windows media player or whatever...The song plays for a
few seconds ..then the sound stops playing suddenly.....the sound looks like
it is still playing in the player..i.e. the progress bar still moves....when
i hit pause then play again, it plays the sound/song agian..then a few
seconds later..it quits playing the sound!
I am really frustrated about this.....if anyone can help me ...i would
appreciate it greatly.
thank you,
--daniel

When I've experienced this type of behavior, there was either another driver
or application conflicting with the sound. Try disabling or removing any
unneeded hardware devices to see if the problem continues.

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.

"daniel" <daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi does anyone know why my windows 2000 professional service pack 4
> computer
> ...when i play any song or sound file in any of the different programs i
> have..i.e. iTunes or windows media player or whatever...The song plays
> for a
> few seconds ..then the sound stops playing suddenly.....the sound looks
> like
> it is still playing in the player..i.e. the progress bar still
> moves....when
> i hit pause then play again, it plays the sound/song agian..then a few
> seconds later..it quits playing the sound!
> I am really frustrated about this.....if anyone can help me ...i would
> appreciate it greatly.
> thank you,
> --daniel

TRENDING THREADS