software), if I don't have a modem but rather DSL or cable connection?

From: "Webtechie" <Webtechie@discussions.microsoft.com>

| I have a small office that has DSL. I was trying to set up the faxing
| software that comes with Windows. It kept saying connect the modem.
| However, our small office does not use a modem because we have DSL.
|
| We have a fax and it is connected to the pc.
|
| Question: How do I configure the PC to use WinFax (or the windows faxing
| software), if I don't have a modem but rather DSL or cable connection?

You need a v.90/v.92 FAX/Modem. DSL Modems are not Dial-Up modems and can not support FAX.
However, a v.90/v.92 FAX/Modem can co-exist on the same POTS line as DSL. I do it all the
time on my Verizon DSL and I have only onr POTS line. I use a TAF-555 FAX switch so I can
receive and send a fax over that one POTS line. Just make sure the Dial-Up v.90/v.92
FAX/Modem has a DSL micro-filter installed.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm