More about winfax broadband

    From: "Webtechie" <Webtechie@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | I have a small office that has DSL. I was trying to set up the faxing
    | software that comes with Windows. It kept saying connect the modem.
    | However, our small office does not use a modem because we have DSL.
    |
    | We have a fax and it is connected to the pc.
    |
    | Question: How do I configure the PC to use WinFax (or the windows faxing
    | software), if I don't have a modem but rather DSL or cable connection?

    You need a v.90/v.92 FAX/Modem. DSL Modems are not Dial-Up modems and can not support FAX.
    However, a v.90/v.92 FAX/Modem can co-exist on the same POTS line as DSL. I do it all the
    time on my Verizon DSL and I have only onr POTS line. I use a TAF-555 FAX switch so I can
    receive and send a fax over that one POTS line. Just make sure the Dial-Up v.90/v.92
    FAX/Modem has a DSL micro-filter installed.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

DSL Modem Windows