Preventing users from closing the login script button

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

How can I prevent users from closing the login script button? I am taking
about the login script that is assigned in Active Directory Users And
Computers under the user's Profile Tab. When a user signs on to a Windows
2000 workstation, the icon for the script's window is on the taskbar and I
watched as users close(X) it while it is running.

I had some suggestions to make it run invisible and I looked into this.
What it really does is make the commands in the script run invisible...which
is the default setting anyways. It does not hide the X button.

--

Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Try setting up the script to run via group policy instead.

"Saucer Man" wrote:

> How can I prevent users from closing the login script button? I am taking
> about the login script that is assigned in Active Directory Users And
> Computers under the user's Profile Tab. When a user signs on to a Windows
> 2000 workstation, the icon for the script's window is on the taskbar and I
> watched as users close(X) it while it is running.
>
> I had some suggestions to make it run invisible and I looked into this.
> What it really does is make the commands in the script run invisible...which
> is the default setting anyways. It does not hide the X button.
>
> --
>
> Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

I'm running mixed mode. I have a bunch of Win9x PCs also so I think I need
to run the script from the user's profile tab.

--

Thanks.

"allan" <allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try setting up the script to run via group policy instead.
>
> "Saucer Man" wrote:
>
>> How can I prevent users from closing the login script button? I am
>> taking
>> about the login script that is assigned in Active Directory Users And
>> Computers under the user's Profile Tab. When a user signs on to a
>> Windows
>> 2000 workstation, the icon for the script's window is on the taskbar and
>> watched as users close(X) it while it is running.
>>
>> I had some suggestions to make it run invisible and I looked into this.
>> What it really does is make the commands in the script run
>> invisible...which
>> is the default setting anyways. It does not hide the X button.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

You can use this utility http://helpdesk.kixtart.org/Download/Utils/runh.zip
copy this in the location where the scripts are located and execute runh
logon_script_name. Works wonders there is no window on the screen so user
does not know whats running in the background.

Hope this helps.

Prasad

"Saucer Man" <saucerman@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I'm running mixed mode. I have a bunch of Win9x PCs also so I think I
> need to run the script from the user's profile tab.
>
> --
>
> Thanks.
>

> "allan" <allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Try setting up the script to run via group policy instead.
>>
>> "Saucer Man" wrote:
>>
>>> How can I prevent users from closing the login script button? I am
>>> taking
>>> about the login script that is assigned in Active Directory Users And
>>> Computers under the user's Profile Tab. When a user signs on to a
>>> Windows
>>> 2000 workstation, the icon for the script's window is on the taskbar and
>>> watched as users close(X) it while it is running.
>>>
>>> I had some suggestions to make it run invisible and I looked into this.
>>> What it really does is make the commands in the script run
>>> invisible...which
>>> is the default setting anyways. It does not hide the X button.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Thanks for this tip. I also found the group policy for the bat files
selected in user profiles. It is in the user profile section and it is
called RUN LEGACY LOGON SCRIPTS HIDDEN. Thanks again!