Windows Scheduler

Hi ,

I facing an unknow issue in Windows Scheduler. For example , I create a
scheduler and name it as "Copy Files" on 01-Jan-2005 and I set it to run on
daily basis.
This task will copy some xml files from another server shared folder. The
scheduler able to run on 01-Jan-2005 . But on 02-Jan-2005 , the "Copy Files"
task failed to process.
I try to set the password and schedule it on another time for the same day
(02-Jan-2005) and it works.
I monitor it on 03-Jan-2005 again , the "Copy Files" does not run. Is it
the security issue or something else ? I log in as domain user and this user
has a full control rights. Any solution on this ?

Thank you.

--
Travis Tan
6 answers Last reply

    Hi ,

    Thanks for the information , I able to get the some error desc now as show
    as below.It looks strange for me since I able to run for the first time and
    second time
    had logon error .. Please help

    "Task Scheduler Service"
    4.71.2195.6920"XXCOPY travis.job" (XXCOPY.EXE) 5/18/2005 3:00:00 AM ** ERROR
    **
    The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
    therefore, the task did not run.
    The specific error is:
    0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon
    type at this computer.
    Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
    "XXCOPY.job" (XXCOPY.EXE) 5/18/2005 3:00:00 AM ** ERROR **
    "

    "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi ,
    >
    > I facing an unknow issue in Windows Scheduler. For example , I create a
    > scheduler and name it as "Copy Files" on 01-Jan-2005 and I set it to run
    on
    > daily basis.
    > This task will copy some xml files from another server shared folder.
    The
    > scheduler able to run on 01-Jan-2005 . But on 02-Jan-2005 , the "Copy
    Files"
    > task failed to process.
    > I try to set the password and schedule it on another time for the same
    day
    > (02-Jan-2005) and it works.
    > I monitor it on 03-Jan-2005 again , the "Copy Files" does not run. Is it
    > the security issue or something else ? I log in as domain user and this
    user
    > has a full control rights. Any solution on this ?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >

    > --
    > Travis Tan

    There could be several reasons why the tasks fail. Most of them
    are immediately obvious when you add some logging, e.g. like so:

    @echo off
    echo %date% %time% Start of task > c:\test.log
    echo User=%UserName%, Path=%path% >> c:\test.log
    xcopy.exe /.. /.. /.. SourceFolder TargetFolder\ 1>>c:\test.log
    2>c:\test.err
    echo ErrorLevel of xcopy.exe=%ErrorLevel% >> c:\test.log
    echo %date% %time% End of task >> c:\test.log

    Now run this batch file under the Task Scheduler, then have a look
    at the two log files!

    Also, the Task Schedular has it's logging.

    Start Windows Explorer
    Got to My Computer \ Contrl Panel \ Scheduled Tasks
    In the menu, select Advanced \ View Log

    If the task even doesn't get started, here you can find out why not.

    --
    Chau chau,

    Pascalos

    "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

    > "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi ,
    > >
    > > I facing an unknow issue in Windows Scheduler. For example , I create a
    > > scheduler and name it as "Copy Files" on 01-Jan-2005 and I set it to run
    > on
    > > daily basis.
    > > This task will copy some xml files from another server shared folder.
    > The
    > > scheduler able to run on 01-Jan-2005 . But on 02-Jan-2005 , the "Copy
    > Files"
    > > task failed to process.
    > > I try to set the password and schedule it on another time for the same
    > day
    > > (02-Jan-2005) and it works.
    > > I monitor it on 03-Jan-2005 again , the "Copy Files" does not run. Is it
    > > the security issue or something else ? I log in as domain user and this
    > user
    > > has a full control rights. Any solution on this ?
    > >
    > > Thank you.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Travis Tan
    >
    > There could be several reasons why the tasks fail. Most of them
    > are immediately obvious when you add some logging, e.g. like so:
    >
    > @echo off
    > echo %date% %time% Start of task > c:\test.log
    > echo User=%UserName%, Path=%path% >> c:\test.log
    > xcopy.exe /.. /.. /.. SourceFolder TargetFolder\ 1>>c:\test.log
    > 2>c:\test.err
    > echo ErrorLevel of xcopy.exe=%ErrorLevel% >> c:\test.log
    > echo %date% %time% End of task >> c:\test.log
    >
    > Now run this batch file under the Task Scheduler, then have a look
    > at the two log files!

    Run gpedit.msc, then give the account used for the
    scheduled job the right to run as a batch job.

    > Hi ,
    >
    > Thanks for the information , I able to get the some error desc now as
    show
    > as below.It looks strange for me since I able to run for the first time
    and
    > second time
    > had logon error .. Please help
    >
    > "Task Scheduler Service"
    > 4.71.2195.6920"XXCOPY travis.job" (XXCOPY.EXE) 5/18/2005 3:00:00 AM **
    ERROR
    > **
    > The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
    > therefore, the task did not run.
    > The specific error is:
    > 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
    logon
    > type at this computer.
    > Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
    > "XXCOPY.job" (XXCOPY.EXE) 5/18/2005 3:00:00 AM ** ERROR **
    > The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
    > therefore, the task did not run.
    > The specific error is:
    > 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
    logon
    > type at this computer.
    > Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
    > "
    >
    > "Travis" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi ,
    > >
    > > I facing an unknow issue in Windows Scheduler. For example , I create
    > > scheduler and name it as "Copy Files" on 01-Jan-2005 and I set it to run
    on
    > > daily basis.
    > > This task will copy some xml files from another server shared folder.
    The
    > > scheduler able to run on 01-Jan-2005 . But on 02-Jan-2005 , the "Copy
    Files"
    > > task failed to process.
    > > I try to set the password and schedule it on another time for the same
    day
    > > (02-Jan-2005) and it works.
    > > I monitor it on 03-Jan-2005 again , the "Copy Files" does not run. Is
    it
    > > the security issue or something else ? I log in as domain user and this
    user
    > > has a full control rights. Any solution on this ?
    > >
    > > Thank you.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Travis Tan

    Hi ,

    Which part I need to set then ? Can u provide me steps by steps guidance
    on that ? Hope you can help up on this. Thank you .

    "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

    > Run gpedit.msc, then give the account used for the
    > scheduled job the right to run as a batch job.
    >

    > "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi ,
    > >
    > > Thanks for the information , I able to get the some error desc now as
    > show
    > > as below.It looks strange for me since I able to run for the first time
    > and
    > > second time
    > > had logon error .. Please help
    > >
    > > "Task Scheduler Service"
    > > 4.71.2195.6920"XXCOPY travis.job" (XXCOPY.EXE) 5/18/2005 3:00:00 AM **
    > ERROR
    > > **
    > > The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
    > > therefore, the task did not run.
    > > The specific error is:
    > > 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
    > logon
    > > type at this computer.
    > > Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
    > > "XXCOPY.job" (XXCOPY.EXE) 5/18/2005 3:00:00 AM ** ERROR **
    > > The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
    > > therefore, the task did not run.
    > > The specific error is:
    > > 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
    > logon
    > > type at this computer.
    > > Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
    > > "
    > >
    > > "Travis" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi ,
    > > >
    > > > I facing an unknow issue in Windows Scheduler. For example , I create
    > > > scheduler and name it as "Copy Files" on 01-Jan-2005 and I set it to run
    > on
    > > > daily basis.
    > > > This task will copy some xml files from another server shared folder.
    > The
    > > > scheduler able to run on 01-Jan-2005 . But on 02-Jan-2005 , the "Copy
    > Files"
    > > > task failed to process.
    > > > I try to set the password and schedule it on another time for the same
    > day
    > > > (02-Jan-2005) and it works.
    > > > I monitor it on 03-Jan-2005 again , the "Copy Files" does not run. Is
    > it
    > > > the security issue or something else ? I log in as domain user and this
    > user
    > > > has a full control rights. Any solution on this ?
    > > >
    > > > Thank you.
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > Travis Tan

    You need to do a small amount of scratching to get there . . .
    Local Computer Policy / Computer Configuration / Windows Settings /
    Security Settings / Local Policy / User Rights / Log on as a batch job.

    > Hi ,
    >
    > Which part I need to set then ? Can u provide me steps by steps
    guidance
    > on that ? Hope you can help up on this. Thank you .
    >
    > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > Run gpedit.msc, then give the account used for the
    > > scheduled job the right to run as a batch job.
    > >

    > > "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi ,
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for the information , I able to get the some error desc now
    as
    > > show
    > > > as below.It looks strange for me since I able to run for the first
    time
    > > and
    > > > second time
    > > > had logon error .. Please help
    > > >
    > > > "Task Scheduler Service"
    > > > 4.71.2195.6920"XXCOPY travis.job" (XXCOPY.EXE) 5/18/2005 3:00:00 AM **
    > > ERROR
    > > > **
    > > > The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
    > > > therefore, the task did not run.
    > > > The specific error is:
    > > > 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
    > > logon
    > > > type at this computer.
    > > > Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try
    again.
    > > > "XXCOPY.job" (XXCOPY.EXE) 5/18/2005 3:00:00 AM ** ERROR **
    > > > The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
    > > > therefore, the task did not run.
    > > > The specific error is:
    > > > 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
    > > logon
    > > > type at this computer.
    > > > Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try
    again.

    > > on
    > > The
    > > Files"