ara

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
it really depends on your luck, however, as far as i know design wise*, it should last at up to 90 degrees celcius, mine did when i didn't have the heatsink on properly, however it throttled like hell and didn't get much work done and i don't know if it can sustain those temperatures without a shorter life span.

if thermal throttling/protection was disabled (which i don't know if you can do, i couldn't on my MoBo) and the heatsink is improperly installed, i think it wouldn't have any difficulty exceeding 90*C if your heatsink is properly on, it shouldn't be passing 70*C, even with bad ventilation

*Depends on which particular family of processors your talking about, i have a 630 prescott, i believe the northwood tolerations are about 15*c lower, my laptop shuts down at 75*c to prevent damage. use CPUz (google it) to find out which architecture you have

Ara

ara

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
oh yeah, forgot to mention, if you find out which specific model you have, you can check out intel's spec sheets for that specific model on the intel website, however, i find it rather difficult to find anything on their site, so note that it may be difficult to find.

also note that the previous post was edited

Ara