Memory could not be read

I have problems with my system operating on windows 2000 platform whenever i
boot up. At boot up, I get this error: The instruction at '0x7c4f4d14'
reference memory at '0x00008000'. The memory could not be read. I'd be very
glad if a solution can be proferred. thank you.

Does this happen in Safe Mode? If it doesn't, try troubleshooting with
Msconfig from a Windows XP system. See other posts for where to get the
file, or you can copy it from a system running Windows XP. Follow Knowledge
Base article 310353 How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
(http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353).

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.