Customize Taskbar

Hi,

I want the pages that I have open to appear one after the other on my
taskbar and not turn into buttons where I have to go up levels to find the
window I want. I can't find the option to change this setting. I don't know
what changed this setting a few days ago but I used to be able to have 10++
windows open and at the end of the task bar, before the clock area, a > would
appear and it would show me more windows that I had open. I like this method
much better.

Also, on the taskbar next to the clock, the icons for Windows Messenger and
Quick Time appear when I start my computer. I have edited the menu so that
they are always hidden but they appear anyway. I would like them to never
appear as I use never use Messenger and I use Quick Time only 1 or 2 times a
year.

If you can give me help with these 2 items, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks . . . . Denise

Right click on the taskbar and choose Properties. Uncheck "Group Similar
Taskbar Buttons" and see if this gives the effect you want.

"denisedenise" <denisedenise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want the pages that I have open to appear one after the other on my
> taskbar and not turn into buttons where I have to go up levels to find the
> window I want. I can't find the option to change this setting. I don't
> know
> what changed this setting a few days ago but I used to be able to have
> 10++
> windows open and at the end of the task bar, before the clock area, a >
> would
> appear and it would show me more windows that I had open. I like this
> method
> much better.
>
> Also, on the taskbar next to the clock, the icons for Windows Messenger
> and
> Quick Time appear when I start my computer. I have edited the menu so
> that
> they are always hidden but they appear anyway. I would like them to never
> appear as I use never use Messenger and I use Quick Time only 1 or 2 times
> year.
>
> If you can give me help with these 2 items, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Thanks . . . . Denise

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your help. . . that worked great!

Can you also tell me how I can permanently remove the icons for Windows
Messenger and Quick Time from my task bar in the area of the clock?

Denise

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Right click on the taskbar and choose Properties. Uncheck "Group Similar
> Taskbar Buttons" and see if this gives the effect you want.

> "denisedenise" <denisedenise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want the pages that I have open to appear one after the other on my
> > taskbar and not turn into buttons where I have to go up levels to find the
> > window I want. I can't find the option to change this setting. I don't
> > know
> > what changed this setting a few days ago but I used to be able to have
> > 10++
> > windows open and at the end of the task bar, before the clock area, a >
> > would
> > appear and it would show me more windows that I had open. I like this
> > method
> > much better.
> >
> > Also, on the taskbar next to the clock, the icons for Windows Messenger
> > and
> > Quick Time appear when I start my computer. I have edited the menu so
> > that
> > they are always hidden but they appear anyway. I would like them to never
> > appear as I use never use Messenger and I use Quick Time only 1 or 2 times
> > year.
> >
> > If you can give me help with these 2 items, I'd appreciate it.
> >
> > Thanks . . . . Denise

you're welcome.

> Hi Colin,
>
> Thanks for your help. . . that worked great!
>
> Can you also tell me how I can permanently remove the icons for Windows
> Messenger and Quick Time from my task bar in the area of the clock?
>
> Denise
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the taskbar and choose Properties. Uncheck "Group Similar
>> Taskbar Buttons" and see if this gives the effect you want.
>>
>> --
>> "denisedenise" <denisedenise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I want the pages that I have open to appear one after the other on my
>> > taskbar and not turn into buttons where I have to go up levels to find
>> > the
>> > window I want. I can't find the option to change this setting. I
>> > don't
>> > know
>> > what changed this setting a few days ago but I used to be able to have
>> > 10++
>> > windows open and at the end of the task bar, before the clock area, a >
>> > would
>> > appear and it would show me more windows that I had open. I like this
>> > method
>> > much better.
>> >
>> > Also, on the taskbar next to the clock, the icons for Windows Messenger
>> > and
>> > Quick Time appear when I start my computer. I have edited the menu so
>> > that
>> > they are always hidden but they appear anyway. I would like them to
>> > never
>> > appear as I use never use Messenger and I use Quick Time only 1 or 2
>> > times
>> > year.
>> >
>> > If you can give me help with these 2 items, I'd appreciate it.
>> >
>> > Thanks . . . . Denise

Double click on the tray icon and look through the options available for a
check box relating to "show in system tray" or a similar setting. It varies
and some programs bury the option where it can be hard to find. Use the
help hile also.

"denisedenise" <denisedenise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Colin,
>
> Thanks for your help. . . that worked great!
>
> Can you also tell me how I can permanently remove the icons for Windows
> Messenger and Quick Time from my task bar in the area of the clock?
>
> Denise
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the taskbar and choose Properties. Uncheck "Group Similar
>> Taskbar Buttons" and see if this gives the effect you want.
>>
>> --
>> "denisedenise" <denisedenise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I want the pages that I have open to appear one after the other on my
>> > taskbar and not turn into buttons where I have to go up levels to find
>> > the
>> > window I want. I can't find the option to change this setting. I
>> > don't
>> > know
>> > what changed this setting a few days ago but I used to be able to have
>> > 10++
>> > windows open and at the end of the task bar, before the clock area, a >
>> > would
>> > appear and it would show me more windows that I had open. I like this
>> > method
>> > much better.
>> >
>> > Also, on the taskbar next to the clock, the icons for Windows Messenger
>> > and
>> > Quick Time appear when I start my computer. I have edited the menu so
>> > that
>> > they are always hidden but they appear anyway. I would like them to
>> > never
>> > appear as I use never use Messenger and I use Quick Time only 1 or 2
>> > times
>> > year.
>> >
>> > If you can give me help with these 2 items, I'd appreciate it.
>> >
>> > Thanks . . . . Denise

uninstall their associated applications.