Partition Problem - un mark partition as active.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 24, 2005 8:21:08 AM

Hello,

I have a c: and a d: partition on a windows 2000 server. I have a made a
mistake by going into disk management and marking the d: partition as active.
Now when I reboot it wont boot up to the c: drive. It just sits there saying
" attemping to boot from c: "

Any idea's on how to fix this?

Cheers
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:02:08 AM

Hello, You have that boot with bootable disk con fdisk utility.

With Fdisk utility you can modify active patition on c:

good luck

"Matt Owen" escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I have a c: and a d: partition on a windows 2000 server. I have a made a
> mistake by going into disk management and marking the d: partition as active.
> Now when I reboot it wont boot up to the c: drive. It just sits there saying
> " attemping to boot from c: "
>
> Any idea's on how to fix this?
>
> Cheers
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:04:02 AM

other solution:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228004/en-us

"Matt Owen" escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I have a c: and a d: partition on a windows 2000 server. I have a made a
> mistake by going into disk management and marking the d: partition as active.
> Now when I reboot it wont boot up to the c: drive. It just sits there saying
> " attemping to boot from c: "
>
> Any idea's on how to fix this?
>
> Cheers
May 24, 2005 5:07:54 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228004/en-uk

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 8:24:50 PM

One other option is to follow the steps in Knowledge Base article 119467 How
to Create a Bootable Disk for an NTFS or FAT Partition
(http://support.microsoft.com/?id=119467) to boot to Windows, and then
change set the correct partition as Active in Disk Management.

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.

"Steve Parry [MVP]" <k100rs_1990@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o y1J$kFYFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> "Matt Owen" <MattOwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a c: and a d: partition on a windows 2000 server. I have a made a
>> mistake by going into disk management and marking the d: partition as
>> active.
>> Now when I reboot it wont boot up to the c: drive. It just sits there
>> saying
>> " attemping to boot from c: "
>>
>> Any idea's on how to fix this?
>>
>> Cheers
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228004/en-uk
>
> --
> Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
>
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

June 15, 2009 1:42:24 AM

I just accidentally did the same thing in Windows Vista where I marked a Western Digital external USB drive as "active". It's blank, so if I just reformat the drive will that solve the problem?

Thanks for anyone's help!

Scott Butler
scottpbutler@gmail.com
!