Partition Problem - un mark partition as active.

Hello,

I have a c: and a d: partition on a windows 2000 server. I have a made a
mistake by going into disk management and marking the d: partition as active.
Now when I reboot it wont boot up to the c: drive. It just sits there saying
" attemping to boot from c: "

Any idea's on how to fix this?

Cheers
5 answers Last reply
More about partition problem mark partition active

    Hello, You have that boot with bootable disk con fdisk utility.

    With Fdisk utility you can modify active patition on c:

    good luck

    "Matt Owen" escribió:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a c: and a d: partition on a windows 2000 server. I have a made a
    > mistake by going into disk management and marking the d: partition as active.
    > Now when I reboot it wont boot up to the c: drive. It just sits there saying
    > " attemping to boot from c: "
    >
    > Any idea's on how to fix this?
    >
    > Cheers

    other solution:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228004/en-us

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228004/en-uk

    --
    Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

    One other option is to follow the steps in Knowledge Base article 119467 How
    to Create a Bootable Disk for an NTFS or FAT Partition
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=119467) to boot to Windows, and then
    change set the correct partition as Active in Disk Management.

    Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
    Platform Server Setup Group

    Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
    messages.

    "Steve Parry [MVP]" <k100rs_1990@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Matt Owen" <MattOwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have a c: and a d: partition on a windows 2000 server. I have a made a
    >> mistake by going into disk management and marking the d: partition as
    >> active.
    >> Now when I reboot it wont boot up to the c: drive. It just sits there
    >> saying
    >> " attemping to boot from c: "
    >>
    >> Any idea's on how to fix this?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >

    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228004/en-uk
    >
    > --
    > Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
    >
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

  5. I just accidentally did the same thing in Windows Vista where I marked a Western Digital external USB drive as "active". It's blank, so if I just reformat the drive will that solve the problem?

    Thanks for anyone's help!

    Scott Butler
    scottpbutler@gmail.com

Partition Boot Windows