deleted local administrator account

Hi!

I accidentally deleted the local administrator account for my windows 2000
machine. the account i left was the domain administrator.

however, earlier, i removed it from the domain to serve as a standalone.

when i rebooted, i could not login anymore.

I followed the instructions on
http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password_alternate_logon_trick.htm
but i get access denied when i try to change the password..

Please help me.
Thanks.

Pia Mason
7 answers Last reply
More about deleted local administrator account

    Pia wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I accidentally deleted the local administrator account for my windows 2000
    > machine. the account i left was the domain administrator.

    The built-in Administrator account cannot be deleted, accidentally or
    otherwise. Did you perhaps rename it?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Obviously, you will get access denied when trying to change a password on an
    account that don't exist.

    Crouchie1998
    BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

    Hmmm... What a smart @$$...How about a real answer next time, huh!
    --
    paul_211205

    "Crouchie1998" wrote:

    > Obviously, you will get access denied when trying to change a password on an
    > account that don't exist.
    >
    > Crouchie1998
    > BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

    You can rename the local admin account but you cannot
    delete it. Start a Command Prompt, then type this command
    to see what accounts you still have:

    net user

    "Pia" <pia@tacva.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I accidentally deleted the local administrator account for my windows 2000
    > machine. the account i left was the domain administrator.
    >
    > however, earlier, i removed it from the domain to serve as a standalone.
    >
    > when i rebooted, i could not login anymore.
    >
    > I followed the instructions on

    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password_alternate_logon_trick.htm
    > but i get access denied when i try to change the password..
    >
    > Please help me.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Pia Mason

    i was trying real hard to remember, but i think you are right, i did not
    delete the local admin account.
    i know i did not delete it. is there any chance?

    Pia wrote:
    > i was trying real hard to remember, but i think you are right, i did not
    > delete the local admin account.
    > i know i did not delete it. is there any chance?

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    Thanks, i will try..

    > Pia wrote:
    >> i was trying real hard to remember, but i think you are right, i did not
    >> delete the local admin account.
    >> i know i did not delete it. is there any chance?
    >>

    > http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you: