deleted local administrator account

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 24, 2005 9:29:42 PM

Hi!

I accidentally deleted the local administrator account for my windows 2000
machine. the account i left was the domain administrator.

however, earlier, i removed it from the domain to serve as a standalone.

when i rebooted, i could not login anymore.

I followed the instructions on
http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password_al...
but i get access denied when i try to change the password..

Please help me.
Thanks.

Pia Mason
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:19:06 AM

Pia wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I accidentally deleted the local administrator account for my windows 2000
> machine. the account i left was the domain administrator.

The built-in Administrator account cannot be deleted, accidentally or
otherwise. Did you perhaps rename it?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 2:45:04 AM

Obviously, you will get access denied when trying to change a password on an
account that don't exist.

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
May 25, 2005 2:45:05 AM

Hmmm... What a smart @$$...How about a real answer next time, huh!
--
paul_211205

"Crouchie1998" wrote:

> Obviously, you will get access denied when trying to change a password on an
> account that don't exist.
>
> Crouchie1998
> BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:40:13 PM

You can rename the local admin account but you cannot
delete it. Start a Command Prompt, then type this command
to see what accounts you still have:

net user

"Pia" <pia@tacva.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I accidentally deleted the local administrator account for my windows 2000
> machine. the account i left was the domain administrator.
>
> however, earlier, i removed it from the domain to serve as a standalone.
>
> when i rebooted, i could not login anymore.
>
> I followed the instructions on

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password_al...
> but i get access denied when i try to change the password..
>
> Please help me.
> Thanks.
>
> Pia Mason

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:30:52 PM

i was trying real hard to remember, but i think you are right, i did not
delete the local admin account.
i know i did not delete it. is there any chance?

"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@h0tmail.c0m> wrote in message
> Pia wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I accidentally deleted the local administrator account for my windows
>> 2000 machine. the account i left was the domain administrator.
>>

> The built-in Administrator account cannot be deleted, accidentally or
> otherwise. Did you perhaps rename it?
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 11:43:22 PM

Pia wrote:
> i was trying real hard to remember, but i think you are right, i did not
> delete the local admin account.
> i know i did not delete it. is there any chance?

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH