Add Webcam functionality to custom web page

Hello all. I'm a bit of a newbie here so I apologize in advance if I
sound clueless.

I'm trying to create a custom web page (ASP) that can show a live,
streaming webcam. Preferably, I would like to use the Logitech Orbit
and have some software on that page that controls the camera as well
(its for general remote surveillance purposes). I'm trying to avoid
using the standard remote software that comes with the hardware becuase
you can't have it integrated into a custom web page (which is very
important for this application).

Here's the setup I'm imagining:

1. Camera is hooked up via USB port to a computer at the remote site.
Software** on the machine is allowing other computers on the Internet
(like my web host provider) to view the camera.

2. I code an ASP page on my web host that shows this stream as well as
other information that we need.

** I put "Software" since I figured I probably will need some sort of
web-server on the machine hooked up to the camera but maybe there is
some simpler method of a program that runs that isn't a true web
server????

If anybody knows any good software that can accomplish this, I'd really
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Smith

<mgjunk@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> If anybody knows any good software that can accomplish this, I'd really
> appreciate it.

I use a trackerpod and a Philips webcam on my site, it allows viewers to
pan, tilt and zoom (software zoom). I also use the trackercam software and
to be honest, even if you don't use a trackerpod, I think the trackercam
software is a lot better than some of the offerings. Take a look here :-

http://www.trackerpod.com/TCamWeb/productdes.htm

If you want to see it in action, my site url is below, but the cam is only
on at certain times (stated on my webcam page)

regards,

Dion L Heap
www.thetophouse.com

mgjunk@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello all. I'm a bit of a newbie here so I apologize in advance if I
> sound clueless.
>
> I'm trying to create a custom web page (ASP) that can show a live,
> streaming webcam. Preferably, I would like to use the Logitech Orbit
> and have some software on that page that controls the camera as well
> (its for general remote surveillance purposes). I'm trying to avoid
> using the standard remote software that comes with the hardware becuase
> you can't have it integrated into a custom web page (which is very
> important for this application).

I am working on a software which does just what you need.
With then included example pages integration in your ASP pages will be easy.

Features:
- supports the Logitech Orbit / Sphere for tilt/pan operation
- motion jpeg streaming
- applets for streaming and camera moves included
- motion detection
- ftp upload (intervals or detected motion)
- local save (intervals or detected motion)
- email on detected motion
- windows media server stream (video & audio)
- configurable caption (text, date, time, shadow, position)

As the software is still under development.

Free download: http://logisphere.seiz.ch/