How to export SRVMGR domain list??

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

all.

i am trying to export a full list of the domain members that are listed in
server manager.. on both NT and AD domains. i cannot find a way (or
utlitiy) that will export the list.. NET VIEW /DOMAIN does not work.. it only
gives me a list of active members. I want the entire list that I see in
server manager.

ideas??

thanks in advance.

If you have Python (2.3) installed, this script by D.W.Harks will do what
you want. Save the text below as "domain.py" and you can ouput to text file
with "python domain.py > domain.txt". Comment out the line that says "Print
"Listing machines ...." if you don't want that in your output.
Louis

-----Begin script-----
# From a post to python-win32 by D.W.Harks
# http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2003-July/001179.html
#
from __future__ import generators
import os, sys
import socket
import win32com.client
import win32net

def machines_in_domain (domain_name):
adsi = win32com.client.Dispatch ("ADsNameSpaces")
nt = adsi.GetObject ("","WinNT:")
result = nt.OpenDSObject ("WinNT://%s" % domain_name, "", "", 0)
result.Filter = ["computer"]
for machine in result:
yield machine.Name

domain_controller = win32net.NetGetDCName (None, None)
domain_name = win32net.NetUserModalsGet (domain_controller,
2)['domain_name']
print "Listing machines in", domain_name
for machine in machines_in_domain (domain_name):
print machine
-----End script-----

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> all.
>
> i am trying to export a full list of the domain members that are listed in
> server manager.. on both NT and AD domains. i cannot find a way (or
> utlitiy) that will export the list.. NET VIEW /DOMAIN does not work.. it
only
> gives me a list of active members. I want the entire list that I see in
> server manager.
>
> ideas??
>
> thanks in advance.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

i will give that a shot.. thanks..

"3c273" wrote:

> If you have Python (2.3) installed, this script by D.W.Harks will do what
> you want. Save the text below as "domain.py" and you can ouput to text file
> with "python domain.py > domain.txt". Comment out the line that says "Print
> "Listing machines ...." if you don't want that in your output.
> Louis
>
> -----Begin script-----
> # From a post to python-win32 by D.W.Harks
> # http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2003-July/001179.html
> #
> from __future__ import generators
> import os, sys
> import socket
> import win32com.client
> import win32net
>
> def machines_in_domain (domain_name):
> adsi = win32com.client.Dispatch ("ADsNameSpaces")
> nt = adsi.GetObject ("","WinNT:")
> result = nt.OpenDSObject ("WinNT://%s" % domain_name, "", "", 0)
> result.Filter = ["computer"]
> for machine in result:
> yield machine.Name
>
> domain_controller = win32net.NetGetDCName (None, None)
> domain_name = win32net.NetUserModalsGet (domain_controller,
> 2)['domain_name']
> print "Listing machines in", domain_name
> for machine in machines_in_domain (domain_name):
> print machine
> -----End script-----
>

> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > all.
> >
> > i am trying to export a full list of the domain members that are listed in
> > server manager.. on both NT and AD domains. i cannot find a way (or
> > utlitiy) that will export the list.. NET VIEW /DOMAIN does not work.. it
> only
> > gives me a list of active members. I want the entire list that I see in
> > server manager.
> >
> > ideas??
> >
> > thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS