Stuck DUN Icon in System Tray

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 25, 2005 2:05:28 PM

[Win2K, SP4, all security updates applied]

The dial-up-networking connection icon in the system tray does not always go
away after disconnecting the modem. It also seems to take longer than it
should for the modem to actually disconnect. If I dial up again, I get
another DUN connection icon in the system tray, the first one is just
orphaned there with no way to get rid of it other than rebooting (or
logoff/logon).

The icon doesn't always get stuck, but it happens pretty often. This is a
fresh install of Win2K only a couple of weeks old on a brand-new computer.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

--
Tim Rude

timrude@NOSPAM.hotmail.com
(remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 10:48:32 PM

When you mouse over the icon, does it disappear?

Is it the Windows DUN icon or from a third-party piece of dialup software?

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 10:48:33 PM

Moving the mouse over it does not make it disappear. Clicking (or
right-clicking) on it does nothing.

This is the standard Windows DUN icon, the two little computers that blink.

--

!