Changing default Explorer "Search" options

More often than not I do NOT want Explorer to search
subdirectories when I use the built in Search function.

However, I keep forgetting to disable that option and would like
to make the disabled state the default.

Even though I'm using W2K I tried this XP tip:
http://www.jsifaq.com/subl/tip5500/rh5542.htm
with no success.

Rob Stow <rob.stow@shaw.ca> wrote:
> More often than not I do NOT want Explorer to search
> subdirectories when I use the built in Search function.

> However, I keep forgetting to disable that option and would like
> to make the disabled state the default.

> Even though I'm using W2K I tried this XP tip:
> http://www.jsifaq.com/subl/tip5500/rh5542.htm
> with no success.

I don't know of any way to change to defaults in 2K. What you could do is
to set up a search with the options the way you usually want them, save
teh search, and create a shortcut to it. You could then assing a shotcut
key to it or put it on your Quick Launch bar.

--
Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
Columbus, Ohio