C&C Zero Hour is running slower

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

C&C Zero Hour is running slower.
I've the latest Microsoft Win XP updates.
Latest ATI drivers for my 9600 PRO AIW
Latest Zero Hour update

Hardware
AMD 2000, OC to 2100
512MB DDR 2700

I've run full sweeps with two different Anti-virus programs.

For the past month or so, When I play a 4 person games, (me and three
computer AIs)
Zero Hour will start to crawl with in 5 minutes.
Anyone know of any Microsoft or ATI updates that affect Zero Hour ?

"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
> C&C Zero Hour is running slower.
> I've the latest Microsoft Win XP updates.
> Latest ATI drivers for my 9600 PRO AIW
> Latest Zero Hour update
>
> Hardware
> AMD 2000, OC to 2100
> 512MB DDR 2700
>
> I've run full sweeps with two different Anti-virus programs.
>
> For the past month or so, When I play a 4 person games, (me and three
> computer AIs)
> Zero Hour will start to crawl with in 5 minutes.
> Anyone know of any Microsoft or ATI updates that affect Zero Hour ?

not that i know anything about anything
but the two things i recall about slow computers:
1) lots of spyware. have you scanned for spyware?
2) while it is early, if the AI gets stuck somewhere, like a narrow passage
way, it tends to backlog the computer.
3) can you change any settings? I dont own Zero hour, but on TS you can
decrease the visual details, and that helps speed things up.

sorry if that doesnt help

--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

I'm running a really high-end machine (3.2Ghz, 1Gb RAM, ATI 9800) and mine
crawls - I mean really crawls when I go above 3 AI (hard). I'll try what
the other post said about lowering resolution (1600x1200 with go-crazy
graphic settings) See what happens...

Good luck!

--
Phil

Tod <no_spam_me@comcast.net> writes
>C&C Zero Hour is running slower.
>I've the latest Microsoft Win XP updates.
>Latest ATI drivers for my 9600 PRO AIW
>Latest Zero Hour update
>
>Hardware
>AMD 2000, OC to 2100
>512MB DDR 2700
>
>I've run full sweeps with two different Anti-virus programs.
>
>For the past month or so, When I play a 4 person games, (me and three
>computer AIs)
>Zero Hour will start to crawl with in 5 minutes.
>Anyone know of any Microsoft or ATI updates that affect Zero Hour ?

i think if you roll-back your video-card drivers a couple of versions
that may resolve your problems

check previous posts thru google
--
<PRE>
__ ___ ___

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

Hi Tod
Make sure you have a firewall stopping any spyware or hackers. I Play the
game while NOT on the Net and on another partition (with no internet
connection!) with just barebones Windows ME, (ie no other programes
installed, no Virus checkers, no Firewall) hogging recourses on my AMD
2000XP 512 ram Winfast Geforce 4600, the game runs great apart from the end
movies, and that means the music and the video stutters, you do need a
mother of all PC's to run it, still a great game though, well done EA.
Paul

"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
> C&C Zero Hour is running slower.
> I've the latest Microsoft Win XP updates.
> Latest ATI drivers for my 9600 PRO AIW
> Latest Zero Hour update
>
> Hardware
> AMD 2000, OC to 2100
> 512MB DDR 2700
>
> I've run full sweeps with two different Anti-virus programs.
>
> For the past month or so, When I play a 4 person games, (me and three
> computer AIs)
> Zero Hour will start to crawl with in 5 minutes.
> Anyone know of any Microsoft or ATI updates that affect Zero Hour ?

---