  • Cameras
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 17, 2005 7:34:19 PM

I just can't get my head around this.

Following
http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1433&ques...

(Watch the wrap)

OK it is obvious re forwarding 80, 80, 82 etc, and accessing each camera
from the Internet using http://xx.yy.zz.ww:81 http://xx.yy.zz.ww:82 etc.

That works OK, but defaults to http, presumably because of 5001, 5002, 5003
etc.

What do I do with these?

I can port forward, and also change the camera settings to 6001, 6002, 6003.
7001,7002, 7003 etc.

BUT

What of the browser source. which ports do I forward? I can't forward 5001,
5002, 5003 to all three cameras!!

What tells the browser to use the other ports in the 6 and 7 ranges.

Or any other help to get three DCS-5300w's working from the internet.

My errors range from server not found, to, defaulting to http.

TIA
Andy

More about : multiple dcs 5300w port forwarding

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 7:34:20 PM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:34:19 +0100, Andy wrote:

> I just can't get my head around this.
>
> Following
> http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1433&ques...
>
> (Watch the wrap)
>
> OK it is obvious re forwarding 80, 80, 82 etc, and accessing each camera
> from the Internet using http://xx.yy.zz.ww:81 http://xx.yy.zz.ww:82 etc.
>
> That works OK, but defaults to http, presumably because of 5001, 5002, 5003
> etc.
>
> What do I do with these?
>
> I can port forward, and also change the camera settings to 6001, 6002, 6003.
> 7001,7002, 7003 etc.
>
> BUT
>
> What of the browser source. which ports do I forward? I can't forward 5001,
> 5002, 5003 to all three cameras!!
>
> What tells the browser to use the other ports in the 6 and 7 ranges.
>
> Or any other help to get three DCS-5300w's working from the internet.
>
> My errors range from server not found, to, defaulting to http.
>
> TIA
> Andy

Did you add 3 different users to the cameras?
The demo login code didn't work for me because of the blank password.

--
Forget the Joneses. I can't keep up with the Simpsons!

RocinanteREMOVETHIS@gmail.com
7/17/2005 12:19:29 PM
July 17, 2005 11:19:26 PM

Between the three they all have different user combinations, from admin to
nothing.

I think I've cracked it now.

Set up cameras as follows:-

Cam 1 192.168.1.45:85, 5001,5002,5003
Cam 2 192.168.1.46:86, 6001,6002,6003
Cam 3 192.168.1.49:89, 9001,9002,9003

All on the local LAN side of my router.

And in my router, I've just forwarded directly port to port for all.

i.e. external 9001 goes to 192.168.1.49:9001
6002 goes to 192.168.1.46:6002
etc etc.

All seems to work OK.

Now I need some decent software. I'll do another post after I've been to the
pub for a cold summer pint :-))

Andy