Windows Automatically Shutdown and restart

I am using W2k Professional SP 4. I received error message somethig similar
to this:

LASS.EXE has generated error log ...

Window will shutdown and restart ... initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYS ....
Status Code 0 .....

When this happened, windows will shutdown and restart.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows automatically shutdown restart

    I have seen that particular service running as a virus.
    Check under google.com

    "wira659" wrote:

    > I am using W2k Professional SP 4. I received error message somethig similar
    > to this:
    >
    > LASS.EXE has generated error log ...
    >
    > Window will shutdown and restart ... initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYS ....
    > Status Code 0 .....
    >
    > When this happened, windows will shutdown and restart.

    The Symantec Site says the file is a backdoor trojan

    See here for the information & removal steps:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.simali.html

    I hope this helps

    Crouchie1998
    BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Microsoft Shutdown Error Message Windows