One last attempt for help before I just reformat and go ba..

I can't listen to my mp3's, watch video, anything.

OS: Windows 2000, IE 6, Media Player 9

When I try to play any kind of media file, I get a popup error window,
over and over and over and over. I can hardly click "cancel" on it
fast enough to stop it from running multiple times.

Line 35:
BOrgColor=Undefined

I simply can't believe 2 things:

1) That noone else here has experienced this, or something similar.

2) That none of the MVP's here can do anything but ask me if the error
is "bcolor" or "borgcolor". I think it's stated quite clearly that the
error message is "BOrgColor", so please if you are completely
clueless, at least don't ask me to resubmit my message.

Totally down on Winbloze
TJ

Try asking them here.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player&cat=en_US_0dae0ee3-e73e-4776-b983-9e7de4781a96&lang=en&cr=US

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"ToeJam" wrote:
|I can't listen to my mp3's, watch video, anything.
|
| OS: Windows 2000, IE 6, Media Player 9
|
| When I try to play any kind of media file, I get a popup error window,
| over and over and over and over. I can hardly click "cancel" on it
| fast enough to stop it from running multiple times.
|
| Line 35:
| BOrgColor=Undefined
|
| I simply can't believe 2 things:
|
| 1) That noone else here has experienced this, or something similar.
|
| 2) That none of the MVP's here can do anything but ask me if the error
| is "bcolor" or "borgcolor". I think it's stated quite clearly that the
| error message is "BOrgColor", so please if you are completely
| clueless, at least don't ask me to resubmit my message.
|
| Totally down on Winbloze
| TJ

On Wed, 25 May 2005 22:47:43 -0400, ToeJam <toejam99@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

Here's some of the code in debug mode. I managed to get this before my
cpu crashed, as it always does.....

{
document.all('menuMiddle' + i).style.backgroundImage =
'none';
document.all('menuLeft' + i).style.backgroundImage =
'none';
document.all('menuRight' + i).style.backgroundImage =
'none';
}
}

function getCurrentColor()
{
var sOrgColor = null; gColor=true;
if (null!=sOrgColor)
{
//when player uses black as background color
if (sOrgColor!="#000000"){bOrgColor=false;}
}
if(bOrgColor==true){sOrgColor = '#6477B9';}
return sOrgColor;

>I can't listen to my mp3's, watch video, anything.
>
>OS: Windows 2000, IE 6, Media Player 9
>
>When I try to play any kind of media file, I get a popup error window,
>over and over and over and over. I can hardly click "cancel" on it
>fast enough to stop it from running multiple times.
>
>Line 35:
>BOrgColor=Undefined
>
>I simply can't believe 2 things:
>
>1) That noone else here has experienced this, or something similar.
>
>2) That none of the MVP's here can do anything but ask me if the error
>is "bcolor" or "borgcolor". I think it's stated quite clearly that the
>error message is "BOrgColor", so please if you are completely
>clueless, at least don't ask me to resubmit my message.
>
>Totally down on Winbloze
>TJ

If you are so unhappy with the answers you are getting then why don't you
post your question in the correct newsgroup?

Try this one instead:

microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

Looks like that function needs to have a var defined called
bOrgColor.

Cheers,

Cliff

"ToeJam" <toejam99@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I can't listen to my mp3's, watch video, anything.
>
> OS: Windows 2000, IE 6, Media Player 9
>
> When I try to play any kind of media file, I get a popup error window,
> over and over and over and over. I can hardly click "cancel" on it
> fast enough to stop it from running multiple times.
>
> Line 35:
> BOrgColor=Undefined
>
> I simply can't believe 2 things:
>
> 1) That noone else here has experienced this, or something similar.
>
> 2) That none of the MVP's here can do anything but ask me if the error
> is "bcolor" or "borgcolor". I think it's stated quite clearly that the
> error message is "BOrgColor", so please if you are completely
> clueless, at least don't ask me to resubmit my message.
>
> Totally down on Winbloze
> TJ
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Geez, someone doesnt understand what the word "Volunteer" means.........
EdK

On Sun, 29 May 2005 05:13:05 -0400, "Hawke" <Hawke@uhuh.com> wrote:

I think I understand the term "volunteer". That's someone that's
either able or willing to help with something. You seem to be neither,
judging by your last post.

>"ToeJam" <toejam99@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> I can't listen to my mp3's, watch video, anything.
>>
>> OS: Windows 2000, IE 6, Media Player 9
>>
>> When I try to play any kind of media file, I get a popup error window,
>> over and over and over and over. I can hardly click "cancel" on it
>> fast enough to stop it from running multiple times.
>>
>> Line 35:
>> BOrgColor=Undefined
>>
>> I simply can't believe 2 things:
>>
>> 1) That noone else here has experienced this, or something similar.
>>
>> 2) That none of the MVP's here can do anything but ask me if the error
>> is "bcolor" or "borgcolor". I think it's stated quite clearly that the
>> error message is "BOrgColor", so please if you are completely
>> clueless, at least don't ask me to resubmit my message.
>>
>> Totally down on Winbloze
>> TJ
>&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
>Geez, someone doesnt understand what the word "Volunteer" means.........
>EdK

Can you repost the original message? I don't have enough info to help out
here....

> On Sun, 29 May 2005 05:13:05 -0400, "Hawke" <Hawke@uhuh.com> wrote:
>
> I think I understand the term "volunteer". That's someone that's
> either able or willing to help with something. You seem to be neither,
> judging by your last post.
>

> >"ToeJam" <toejam99@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >> I can't listen to my mp3's, watch video, anything.
> >>
> >> OS: Windows 2000, IE 6, Media Player 9
> >>
> >> When I try to play any kind of media file, I get a popup error window,
> >> over and over and over and over. I can hardly click "cancel" on it
> >> fast enough to stop it from running multiple times.
> >>
> >> Line 35:
> >> BOrgColor=Undefined
> >>
> >> I simply can't believe 2 things:
> >>
> >> 1) That noone else here has experienced this, or something similar.
> >>
> >> 2) That none of the MVP's here can do anything but ask me if the error
> >> is "bcolor" or "borgcolor". I think it's stated quite clearly that the
> >> error message is "BOrgColor", so please if you are completely
> >> clueless, at least don't ask me to resubmit my message.
> >>
> >> Totally down on Winbloze
> >> TJ
> >&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> >Geez, someone doesnt understand what the word "Volunteer" means.........
> >EdK

"ToeJam" <toejam99@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 May 2005 05:13:05 -0400, "Hawke" <Hawke@uhuh.com> wrote:
>
> I think I understand the term "volunteer". That's someone that's
> either able or willing to help with something. You seem to be neither,
> judging by your last post.

I don't think you DO understand the term "volunteer"; that's a fascinatingly
incorrect definition of it, I think most of us would agree.

The point being made, IMHO, was the voluntary, ie self-sacrificing and
freely-given, nature of the assistance offered here. To quote Microsoft:

"Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs) are active in the discussion
groups and volunteer technical answers and expertise in many Microsoft
community Web sites. Microsoft MVPs come from a wide range of backgrounds
and professions. All share a willingness to give their time, expertise, and
frank advice to enhance the technical skills of others."

So I would suggest you don't berate people that DO try to give help, however
useless you found it. Or use unhelpful words like "clueless", which builds
together with other phrases you used to spell "attitude problem".

To ask you to confirm the exact message was merely a sensible request, as I
would venture that it is not beyond the realms of possibility that you had
made a typo in your original post.

To offer my tuppence-worth (before you hurl bile at me, but I'm sure you
will anyway), I'd suggest, in no particular order: Event Viewer; Service
Packs; OS updates; reinstall WMP; clear all caches & temp dirs; spyware
check and AV check, if you haven't already. They probably won't work, but
are a sensible starting-place. And, as suggested in one of the other places
you've asked this question, try posting in a more appropriate newsgroup.

Good luck, especially with that attitude.

> >"ToeJam" <toejam99@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >> I can't listen to my mp3's, watch video, anything.
> >>
> >> OS: Windows 2000, IE 6, Media Player 9
> >>
> >> When I try to play any kind of media file, I get a popup error window,
> >> over and over and over and over. I can hardly click "cancel" on it
> >> fast enough to stop it from running multiple times.
> >>
> >> Line 35:
> >> BOrgColor=Undefined
> >>
> >> I simply can't believe 2 things:
> >>
> >> 1) That noone else here has experienced this, or something similar.
> >>
> >> 2) That none of the MVP's here can do anything but ask me if the error
> >> is "bcolor" or "borgcolor". I think it's stated quite clearly that the
> >> error message is "BOrgColor", so please if you are completely
> >> clueless, at least don't ask me to resubmit my message.
> >>
> >> Totally down on Winbloze
> >> TJ
> >Geez, someone doesnt understand what the word "Volunteer" means.........
> >EdK

What happens if you logon as a new user? (create a new account in 'Users and
Passwords').

You might ask them in multimedia.windows.mediaplayer