pocket streets

March 27, 2005 11:34:13 PM

not sure if this is the right group,

however I am trying to get pocket streets 2004 but all i can manage is 2001
version

anyone know where i can get the 2004 version. i can get the map downloads
for 2004 but not the actual programme

ta

Bri Snail

More about : pocket streets

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 11:34:14 PM

IMHO the best way to get Pocket Streets is to purchase a copy of Streets & Trips 2005 for your
desktop. Then you can also make custom maps for use with your PocketPC. Usually B&M stores like
Sam's Club, Costco, etc offer S&T with deep discounts... Or try your local friendly Wal-Mart...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3...

....or online at stores like Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002DOEAM/roadf...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Treb" <Treb@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> not sure if this is the right group,
>
> however I am trying to get pocket streets 2004 but all i can manage is 2001 version
>
> anyone know where i can get the 2004 version. i can get the map downloads for 2004 but not the
> actual programme
>

> ta
>

> Bri Snail

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 11:34:14 PM

You should be able to get it from any retailer such as Circuit City,
Best Buy, CompUSA. I was able to pickup 2005 right off the shelf at
Circuit City.

Treb wrote:
> not sure if this is the right group,
>
> however I am trying to get pocket streets 2004 but all i can manage is 2001
> version
>
> anyone know where i can get the 2004 version. i can get the map downloads
> for 2004 but not the actual programme
>

> ta
>

> Bri Snail

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 11:34:14 PM

The first Streets and Trips I ever used was when I saw it at my local public
library.
I checked it out of the Library, used it then returned it.
It's worth a try.
Doug Freeze
Get your piano tuned !
http://MasterTuner.com

=============================
"Treb" <Treb@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> not sure if this is the right group,
>
> however I am trying to get pocket streets 2004 but all i can manage is
> 2001 version
>
> anyone know where i can get the 2004 version. i can get the map downloads
> for 2004 but not the actual programme
>

> ta
>

> Bri Snail

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 11:34:15 PM

Ooppsss...

I just noticed your in the UK... So belay the S&T program. You would need to purchase AutoRoute,
which is the European equivelant of S&T here in North America...

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/homepc/autoroute/default.ms...

--

> IMHO the best way to get Pocket Streets is to purchase a copy of Streets & Trips 2005 for your
> desktop. Then you can also make custom maps for use with your PocketPC. Usually B&M stores like
> Sam's Club, Costco, etc offer S&T with deep discounts... Or try your local friendly Wal-Mart...
>
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3...
>
> ...or online at stores like Amazon.com
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002DOEAM/roadf...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Treb" <Treb@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> not sure if this is the right group,
>>
>> however I am trying to get pocket streets 2004 but all i can manage is 2001 version
>>
>> anyone know where i can get the 2004 version. i can get the map downloads for 2004 but not the
>> actual programme
>>

>> ta
>>

>> Bri Snail

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 11:34:15 PM

does streets and trips come with a ppc application for reading the maps etc
on a ppc?

> IMHO the best way to get Pocket Streets is to purchase a copy of Streets &
Trips 2005 for your
> desktop. Then you can also make custom maps for use with your PocketPC.
Usually B&M stores like
> Sam's Club, Costco, etc offer S&T with deep discounts... Or try your local
friendly Wal-Mart...

> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3...
>
> ...or online at stores like Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002DOEAM/roadf...

> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

> "Treb" <Treb@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > not sure if this is the right group,
> >
> > however I am trying to get pocket streets 2004 but all i can manage is
2001 version

> > anyone know where i can get the 2004 version. i can get the map
downloads for 2004 but not the
> > actual programme
> >

> > ta
> >

> > Bri Snail

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 11:34:16 PM

Yes... Streets & Trips, AutoRoute and their big brother MapPoint all come with Pocket Streets
included...

--

"kilmister" <bsantor@rogers.com> wrote in message news:MradnWQAKJk-hdrfRVn-oA@rogers.com...
> does streets and trips come with a ppc application for reading the maps etc
> on a ppc?

March 28, 2005 2:26:45 AM

"Treb" <Treb@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> not sure if this is the right group,
>
> however I am trying to get pocket streets 2004 but all i can manage is
> 2001 version
>
> anyone know where i can get the 2004 version. i can get the map downloads
> for 2004 but not the actual programme

Hi,

In addition to what has already been mentioned in other posts, keep in mind
that Pocket Streets 2004 has a very ugly bug with Central London Maps (it
cannot open them). If you are planning to use it for central London, you may
want to stick to a previous version.

Daniel
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 4:23:50 AM

"Treb" <Treb@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
| not sure if this is the right group,
|
| however I am trying to get pocket streets 2004 but all i can manage
is 2001
| version
|
| anyone know where i can get the 2004 version. i can get the map
downloads
| for 2004 but not the actual programme
|

| ta
|

| Bri Snail

there's a 2005 version now.
at amazon but there are lower prices:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002WV7TE/kel...

read the reviews though- there's some relevance, and check them out for
the 2004 version too ......
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 2:24:22 PM

Autoroute, IMO not worth the money.
The only route planning software that I have purchased where you can't
export route data to a Garmin GPS.
On the pocketpc virtually useless.

--
Regards, Kenneth.
www.kmiles.co.uk
news:o uTKumwMFHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Ooppsss...
>
> I just noticed your in the UK... So belay the S&T program. You would need
> to purchase AutoRoute, which is the European equivelant of S&T here in
> North America...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/uk/homepc/autoroute/default.ms...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>
> "Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> IMHO the best way to get Pocket Streets is to purchase a copy of Streets
>> & Trips 2005 for your desktop. Then you can also make custom maps for use
>> with your PocketPC. Usually B&M stores like Sam's Club, Costco, etc offer
>> S&T with deep discounts... Or try your local friendly Wal-Mart...
>>
>> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3...
>>
>> ...or online at stores like Amazon.com
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002DOEAM/roadf...
>>
>> --
>>
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> benefit of all of us...
>> rights...
>>
>> "Treb" <Treb@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> not sure if this is the right group,
>>>
>>> however I am trying to get pocket streets 2004 but all i can manage is
>>> 2001 version
>>>
>>> anyone know where i can get the 2004 version. i can get the map
>>> downloads for 2004 but not the actual programme
>>>

>>> ta
>>>

>>> Bri Snail

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 3:39:45 PM

Great. Saying what not to use but not a hint of what can do those
things. Thanks for the help?

!