Win2000: Scheduled backup of files to a network drive

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 26, 2005 8:53:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,comp.sources.d (More info?)

I want to schedule a daily backup of local files on my laptop (running
Windows 2000) to a network drive. I would really appreciate if someone
could suggest a completely hands free solution.

Thanks,
Bhat
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:53:17 PM

<usenet@sta.samsung.com> wrote in message
> I want to schedule a daily backup of local files on my laptop (running
> Windows 2000) to a network drive. I would really appreciate if someone
> could suggest a completely hands free solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Bhat

1. Create a batch file that uses xcopy.exe to copy your files or
folders to the target location.
2. Test this batch file.
3. Use the Task Scheduler to run this batch file to run at the chosen
time. Make sure to select an account that has appropriate access
rights to the source and to the target folders.