Win2000: Scheduled backup of files to a network drive

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,comp.sources.d (More info?)

I want to schedule a daily backup of local files on my laptop (running
Windows 2000) to a network drive. I would really appreciate if someone
could suggest a completely hands free solution.

Thanks,
Bhat
2 answers Last reply
More about win2000 scheduled backup files network drive
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,comp.sources.d (More info?)

    I have got some decent pointers from the following website:
    http://www.hsinlin.com/software/backup.html

    I have downloaded and I am successfully using the EZBack-it-up package:
    http://www.rdcomp.net/ezbackitup/index.php

    Long live the free software movement!!!

    Any other pointers welcome....

    <usenet@sta.samsung.com> wrote in message
    > I want to schedule a daily backup of local files on my laptop (running
    > Windows 2000) to a network drive. I would really appreciate if someone
    > could suggest a completely hands free solution.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bhat

    1. Create a batch file that uses xcopy.exe to copy your files or
    folders to the target location.
    2. Test this batch file.
    3. Use the Task Scheduler to run this batch file to run at the chosen
    time. Make sure to select an account that has appropriate access
    rights to the source and to the target folders.

Windows 2000 Backup Microsoft Network Drive Windows