Can Win2000 p&p motherboard?

Is it true that Win2000 can't p&p (plug and Play) motherboard? Because I
have tried to install on computer A. When I move harddisk to Computer B,
Win2000 doesn't work.

How To scandisk floppy in win2000?

Does Win2000 p&p all flashdisk? What Can i do if I met a flashdisk that be
unknowned by win2000? Is there driver software THAT compatible for all
flasdisk?

Bpk. Adi Wira Kusuma wrote:
> Is it true that Win2000 can't p&p (plug and Play) motherboard? Because I
> have tried to install on computer A. When I move harddisk to Computer B,
> Win2000 doesn't work.
>
> How To scandisk floppy in win2000?
>
> Does Win2000 p&p all flashdisk? What Can i do if I met a flashdisk that be
> unknowned by win2000? Is there driver software THAT compatible for all
> flasdisk?

First, there is some misunderstanding of plug-and-play.
Windows 2000 can identify and set up the resources needed
to operate PnP peripheral devices. Installation of such
devices, for the most part, still need user intervention,
such as inserting the cdrom disc.

Second, with Windows NT, 2000 and even XP, it is not a good
idea to move an installation from Computer A to Computer B.
It will invariably fail in Computer B unless it is a very
close twin of Computer A. The reason is that these NT-derived
operating systems are hardware-specific.

Windows 2000 (with minimum of SP2 - ?) can identify and read
USB flask disks. Computer must be USB capable and USB drivers
installed.

dl

In addition;
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824125