Recovery Disk

Several articles have been written recently about making an SP2 recovery
disk from your original XP CD. I get an error when I do this:

"This Service Pack cannot be integrated into a destination that also has
integrated Software Updates."

I looked onto my original XP Pro disk, and apparently it has some Microsoft
XP integrated hotfixes on it making it an SP1 (or varitaion thereof) disk.

What can I do?

Do I copy the original XP Pro disk to my hard drive, run the hotfixes (which
are listed in a file on the CD) and assume the hotfixes will just "touch"
the XP Pro files copied from the CD, then erase the hotfix log file and
associated Q*.exe hotfix files, then try to make the SP2 recovery disk?

Thanks

The normally happens when the CD is an OEM disk, from a large computer
manufacturer, such as HP, Dell, etc, and they integrated a SP along with
hotfixes to get the ordered computers shipped with the fixes, but the
development team hasn't had a chance to build a fully slipstreamed image for
installing - bottom line, you are out of luck, you'll either have to
purchase a retail version or install the OEM version 1st, apply the SP2
upgrade afterwards.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!