shutdown

I have a Compaq PC, I just reloaded Windows 2000 Professional. When I
shutdown the PC the fans all keep running. The hard drive stops like it
should but the fans keep running. If I unplug it to stop them then plug it
in again the PC boots up without pressing the power button. Any ideas what
may cause this? It never did it before and I have had Windows 2000 on it for
a couple years.

Check the options at Control Panel|Power Options|Advanced

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"kevin.raway@lifefitness.com" wrote:
|I have a Compaq PC, I just reloaded Windows 2000 Professional. When I
| shutdown the PC the fans all keep running. The hard drive stops like it
| should but the fans keep running. If I unplug it to stop them then plug
it
| in again the PC boots up without pressing the power button. Any ideas
what
| may cause this? It never did it before and I have had Windows 2000 on it
for
| a couple years.

In addition to what Dave said. There is the issue of BIOS settings and
"what to do when power returns" and making sure you installed all the
necessary motherboard drivers from Compaq.