Steve

From: "Steve Babcock" <sbabcock@hillhouse.ca>

| I have 2 win2k servers. I would like both of them to access an external
| disk system concurrently - ie - have access to the same data on the same
| partition.
|
| Can I just daisy-chain the external SCSI drives with both server
| (setting the correct SCSI addresses on the host) and expect both systems
| to be able to use the volume ?
|
| Steve

You need a SCSI sub-system designed for this. I has one that required a wide SCSI
controller in the servers and the RAID 5 array had a SCSI controller that used a AMD 586
chip-set based controller with 128MB cache that had multiple SCSI interfaces that
specifically would allow to servers tho access the array.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

So more of a SAN configuration but using SCSI as the Interface ?

Steve