Maximum hard drive capacity supported...

What is the maximum drive size recognized by 2000 server?
I partitioned a Maxtor 160 GB drive into 3 partitions (80gb, 40gb, 40gb
(less a few bytes as is normal)) using XP Pro. I removed the drive and
installed it in a computer w Intel D845PESV mobo (appears to recognize drive
OK - bios sees correct #) running W2K server which appeared to recognize the
"correct" capacity of each partition. Deciding that I needed to repartition
the drive, I removed the partitions and the drive was recognized as 128gb
(vs. 150gb+).
If I pull the drive and repartition it in an XP Pro system to get the
maximum capacity out of it and then return it to the Server 2000 system, will
it be recognized for the maximum size or should I have purchased a 120GB
Drive?

dl

Assuming 2000 server is similar to win2k you need to enable large disk
support, there is an update for 2k to enable this

trapper1950@hotmail.com fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/305098/EN-US/?

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP