two windows 2000 installed on one harddrive

Some how I installed 2 winodws 2000 operating systems on my drive. How do i
go about removing one of them, and make sure that its the right one.

"dumcomputerdude" <dumcomputerdude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2B7FF79B-CA10-4EE8-82FE-EB63D8B3F47E@microsoft.com...
> Some how I installed 2 winodws 2000 operating systems on my drive. How do
> go about removing one of them, and make sure that its the right one.

Try this:
1. Boot into the correct version of Windows.
2. Check which folders on your hard disk have a subfolder
called "system32". Let's assume it's "WinNT\system32"
and "WinNT1\system32".
3. Using Explorer, try to rename "WinNT" to "WinNT.bad".
If it does not work, rename "WinNT1" to "WinNT1.bad".
4. Wait a week.
5. If all is well, delete the renamed folder.

This method is safe because Windows 2000 will not let you
rename its system folder.