Sign in with
Your question

Need some input about Heat Pipe Coolers.

Last response: in Overclocking
December 29, 2006 2:20:56 PM

Hi All,

Havent built a system since my last rig (4 years ago) and my job took from the building side of PC's to the managment side of the house. I am finally going to build a new rig using these specs. However I have no clue about the new CPU coolers out there and have been reading almost everything i can get my eyeballs on. First here is the system i plan on building. These 2 things are my highest concerns - Noise levels and Cooling capacity..

Thermaltake Armor Jr Chassis
Thermaltake Toughpower 850 Watt Power Supply [SLI Ready]
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2x 2.66GHz/4MB L2 Cache/1066FSB)
EVGA NForce 680i
EVGA 8800 GTX (single card at this time)
2 x WD Raptor (74 Gig) - RAID 0 Configuration
[1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair XMS2 Xtreme w/Heat Spreader
Creative X-Fi Platinum
Sony 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Currently am only going to run one 8800GTX but plan to upgrade to SLI by summer.

So there it is.. Based on the info i have given what do you guys recommend to be the best heatpipe cooler out there. When I used to build PCs on a regular basis, i preferred Thermaltake (Golden Orb) and am looking at the Big Typhoon.

Please give me some links to what you feel would be the best cooler out there (besides H20 Cooling... also looking into that as well.. but not quite ready to test on a new rig..)

Thanks Gents and Ladies

xxCHAOSxx
December 31, 2006 2:38:03 PM

Big Typhoon is good~~

but according to experiment tuniq tower 120 is better~~ :D 
December 31, 2006 8:35:13 PM

sorry i can't provide links atm downloading something so my internet is going extremely slow. thermaltake is ok for beginners but theres better products out there, i personally always recommend the Tuniq tower 120 which is great, only problem is, it's a bitch to find in stock. once im done downloading i'll come back and reply with some sites if i remember, k bye
December 31, 2006 8:49:27 PM

The Tuniq Tower 120 is a really good cooler, pair it with a better 120mm fan and its pretty much the best hsf on the market, The Scythe Infinity is good too, but its a bitch to install. Remeber to get a tube of AS5 for the cooler.
!