Which webcam?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 25, 2005 5:29:09 AM

Hello everyone

I'm having a lot of trouble choosing my first webcam. Every one I
look at turns out to have lots of drawbacks.

The two I've spent most time looking at are the Logitech Quickcam Pro
4000 and the Phillips 840k ToUcam Pro. Seemingly the picture is very
good with both and in low light (especially the Phillips ) but their
stands are flimsy, not easy to adjust, they are nor usb 2.0 and the
logitech has pretty dodgy software.

I'm not sure if it matters whether they are usb 1 or 2 especially as
I'm just after something easy to install with good picture especially
in low light with a decent microphone so that I can keepin touch with
family. My original intention was to get the same webcam for both
households (in case of problems) but as I have a laptop and my folks
have desktop with tft monitor I'm not sure if the two webcams I'm
looking at would be suitable for laptop.

Are there any other webcams I should be considering or are the ones I
mentioned the best for the price.

Any help advice would be great.

cheers

More about : webcam

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 11:25:46 AM

I've a pair of 4000's and they seem to give good pictures even though
they are only USB 1.1. Their stand looks kind of kludgy for a laptop.