Formating Hard Drive

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 29, 2005 6:27:01 PM

Can someone tell me where I can get a tutorial that tells me in A B C
fashion, exactly how I can format my hard drive so I can re-install
everything?

Thank you.

More about : formating hard drive

May 30, 2005 3:24:23 AM

boot from the win2k cd, follow instructions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304868
This assumes that if you have a large hd, larger than 137gb, your win2k cd
is an sp3 version
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305098

"Becker" <Becker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me where I can get a tutorial that tells me in A B C
> fashion, exactly how I can format my hard drive so I can re-install
> everything?
>
> Thank you.

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 12:30:17 PM

Becker wrote:
> Can someone tell me where I can get a tutorial that tells me in A B C
> fashion, exactly how I can format my hard drive so I can re-install
> everything?
>
> Thank you.

Simply boot from the Win2K installation CD. You'll be offered the
installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 7:38:12 PM

Hi,

The following link is a .pdf file with explanations of reformatting and
installing Windows 2000:

http://www.goucher.edu/infotech/uploads/Formatting%20yo...(12-23-04).pdf

The below article may also be helpful.

http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/topics/troubleshooting/os/w...