Windows 2000 upgrade - unexpected rebooting

MichaelB

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005

We have Win2000 upgrade (Win98se originally) and recently, when using MS Word
the system will close/re-boot for no apprarent reason even when in the middle
of using Word. Any ideas as to why this happens. And we don't always get
autosave and therefore lose any work added.

Help please.
--
MichaelB

In news:E094A2FA-2B5D-42C6-993F-F9346D0DEF63@microsoft.com,
MichaelB <MichaelB@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> We have Win2000 upgrade (Win98se originally) and recently, when using
> MS Word the system will close/re-boot for no apprarent reason even
> when in the middle of using Word. Any ideas as to why this happens.
> And we don't always get autosave and therefore lose any work added.
>
> Help please.

If you don't see anything relevant in your system logs, probably more of an
application error (MS Word - you don't mention your version). I'd post in a
group for Word. This group is for internal W2k applications. Also make sure
you've run Windows Update & Office update & are at the latest patches for
each.

Regardless of autosave - I recommend manually saving (ctrl+s) regularly.
Save early; save often.

If you only notice this when Word is running, then likely this is an issue
with Word. Try resintalling it. Run Office/Word updates.