geforce manufacturers

shawngoldw

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
hey guys, i have always used ati radeons and now i've been looking at buying a geforce and i was wondering who is a good manufacturer of them? thanks

Companies I would go with: eVGA, BFG tech and XFX. All make good products. Go to newegg.com and read user reviews on the specific cards you are looking at. They should give you a good idea on what cards work and which ones tend to have problems.

XFXSupport

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
All three of us are great companies that have been around a while. I agree with lostandwandering to hit newegg or reviews by even this website to get feedback on all of us. Also check out each of our websites and look into each companies policies and warranties. Our 6,7 and 8 series cards all come with a Double-Lifetime warranty for all US and Canadian customer.

XFX Support

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
All three of us are great companies that have been around a while. I agree with lostandwandering to hit newegg or reviews by even this website to get feedback on all of us. Also check out each of our websites and look into each companies policies and warranties. Our 6,7 and 8 series cards all come with a Double-Lifetime warranty for all US and Canadian customer.

XFX Support

I really only plan on living one lifetime...but if I live twice under one assumed identity that sure would be handy...

Tell your company to stick to their good cheap sexy products and leave the marketing lingo to crappier companies and I'll keep on buying your products. It's like this AT&T billboard I saw which advertised that every 11 seconds someone switches back to the new AT&T. First of all, they're still selling the same service. Secondly, that barely accounts for the 20% of landline users that are now using VOIP instead. You can word things however you want, but in the end you're selling us a guarantee. Just sell us great products that you're willing to back up with little hassle.

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
It comes down mostly to the cooler and the chips used on the card. eVga and XFX are probably the best choices IMO, because of price...and the cards are all pretty much designed by Nvidia anyway.

corpclegg

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
evga has a 90 day step up program also. ive always used them they are a good company. if i bought something other than evga it would be bfg. xfx is my third fav. cant go wrong either way. :p

Unearthly

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I really only plan on living one lifetime...but if I live twice under one assumed identity that sure would be handy...

Tell your company to stick to their good cheap sexy products and leave the marketing lingo to crappier companies and I'll keep on buying your products. It's like this AT&T billboard I saw which advertised that every 11 seconds someone switches back to the new AT&T. First of all, they're still selling the same service. Secondly, that barely accounts for the 20% of landline users that are now using VOIP instead. You can word things however you want, but in the end you're selling us a guarantee. Just sell us great products that you're willing to back up with little hassle.

Actually, double lifetime warranty isn't marketing lingo. What it means is if you sell your video card, that person receiving it is covered by a lifetime warranty as well. Normally, only the original purchaser is entitled to the warranty.

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006

Actually, double lifetime warranty isn't marketing lingo. What it means is if you sell your video card, that person receiving it is covered by a lifetime warranty as well. Normally, only the original purchaser is entitled to the warranty.

Well then perhaps how they named it is the problem. =) How about "a one-time transferable warranty"

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Yeah, transferable warranty sounds better.

I would say "Double Lifetime Warranty" sounds better, but "Transferable Warranty" is more descriptive :) Like my watch I bought on a ski trip to Engleberg Switzerland...10,000 Year Warranty. None of this pussy lifetime stuff, they guarantee my watch for a thousand generations :p

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Yeah, transferable warranty sounds better.

I would say "Double Lifetime Warranty" sounds better, but "Transferable Warranty" is more descriptive :) Like my watch I bought on a ski trip to Engleberg Switzerland...10,000 Year Warranty. None of this pussy lifetime stuff, they guarantee my watch for a thousand generations :p

Exactly. The odds of a company being around for 10,000 years is ludicrious. XFX is using "double lifetime" as a marketing ploy. Odds of any second gen user actually taking them up on the offer is so slim...and then having XFX not dispute the claim would also be tough. Do they keep a good stock of cards around for this, or do they just give you a better one? What if you don't want a newer gen card? If I buy one when I'm 18, and give it to my grandson when I turn 70, is the guarantee still good when he turns 70?

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Of course I would. Anybody want my FX5700 for $299??? It'll be worth alot more some day...

The thing is, pc parts don't become very valuable if they're really old. They haven't really been around long enough.

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Of course I would. Anybody want my FX5700 for $299??? It'll be worth alot more some day...

The thing is, pc parts don't become very valuable if they're really old. They haven't really been around long enough.

Not exactly sure what you're saying bud...but I know a few people on here who are collecting new parts in boxes for future value...

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
So some day when they are all full of dust and totally obsolete they will be worth a whole lot more than when they were top of the line???

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
I still have boxes full of 486 and older pc's with all the screens, keyboards and mice that came with. I even have drivers for most of them. So some day I'll be rich?

cpburns

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
Oh for god's sake, RyanMicah! Give it up! stop being so childish about this. You were wrong because you didn't even bother to go find out what "Double Life Time Warranty" meant.

It was about four clicks away from www.xfxforce.com :
http://www.xfxforce.com/web/support/showWarranty.jspa?regionId=1&productGenerationId=730964

Christ, dude, next time you want to attack corporate America, do a little research. If you wanna bitch about the name of their program, go to a Design forum.