How to migrate shared priviledge?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 29, 2005 10:52:01 PM

We want to migrate our file server. The old file server uses shared
priviledge to control user's access. How to migrate the shared priviledge?

--
Kelvin
Anonymous

On Sun, 29 May 2005 18:52:01 -0700, Kelvin <Kelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We want to migrate our file server. The old file server uses shared
>priviledge to control user's access. How to migrate the shared priviledge?

C:\>permcopy /?
Copies the permissions (ACLS) from one share to another.

PERMCOPY \\SourceServer ShareName \\DestinationServer ShareName

Download from tip 6705 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
!