How to migrate shared priviledge?

kelvin

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

We want to migrate our file server. The old file server uses shared
priviledge to control user's access. How to migrate the shared priviledge?

--
Kelvin

On Sun, 29 May 2005 18:52:01 -0700, Kelvin <Kelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We want to migrate our file server. The old file server uses shared
>priviledge to control user's access. How to migrate the shared priviledge?

C:\>permcopy /?
Copies the permissions (ACLS) from one share to another.

PERMCOPY \\SourceServer ShareName \\DestinationServer ShareName

Download from tip 6705 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com