Error code 1500?(another installation in progress)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've been tring to install the new windows anti-spyware program that is on
the Microsoft web site and
some other programs through the internet. I've also been tring to install
Kodak software from a disk
and through their website and I get an error message "1500" (another
installation is in progress, complete that
installation first).
Well I'm not installing anything. Does this have anything to do with the
registry? And /or Microsoft Office?
I found a program on the Microsoft website that is suppose to clear any
installation problems
like the one I've been having but as you can probably guess I can't even
install that
program either. Thanks.

Reboot and try again.

"Bob" <Bob760@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I've been tring to install the new windows anti-spyware program that is on
> the Microsoft web site and
> some other programs through the internet. I've also been tring to install
> Kodak software from a disk
> and through their website and I get an error message "1500" (another
> installation is in progress, complete that
> installation first).
> Well I'm not installing anything. Does this have anything to do with the
> registry? And /or Microsoft Office?
> I found a program on the Microsoft website that is suppose to clear any
> installation problems
> like the one I've been having but as you can probably guess I can't even
> install that
> program either. Thanks.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Tried that allready. Same result.

> Reboot and try again.

> "Bob" <Bob760@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> I've been tring to install the new windows anti-spyware program that is
>> on the Microsoft web site and
>> some other programs through the internet. I've also been tring to install
>> Kodak software from a disk
>> and through their website and I get an error message "1500" (another
>> installation is in progress, complete that
>> installation first).
>> Well I'm not installing anything. Does this have anything to do with the
>> registry? And /or Microsoft Office?
>> I found a program on the Microsoft website that is suppose to clear any
>> installation problems
>> like the one I've been having but as you can probably guess I can't even
>> install that
>> program either. Thanks.

RJM

Open Task Manager and on the Processes tab sort by Image Name. Click Show processes from all users. Look for the file msiexec.exe. You should find two instances of this file running. This is the cause of the problem. Select one of the files and click End Process. Repeat for the other. Then try your download. One instance of msiexec.exe will open. The download will be successful. You will probably find that two instances of the file will start each time you turn on your computer and that you will have to repeat these steps for any more downloads. Not perfect since it is not a cure but a satisfactory work around.