jlockey

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
I have a 680i mother board and a Duo2 Quad four extreme but can't control the heat. I have checked the fan several times and it is seated right but the temp just climbs until the computer shuts down. Which Fan do you guys use????

evilr00t

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
I have a 680i mother board and a Duo2 Quad four extreme but can't control the heat. I have checked the fan several times and it is seated right but the temp just climbs until the computer shuts down. Which Fan do you guys use????

What heatsink are you using? Stock? Get rid of it, it's hard as hell to mount correctly! An Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro is ~$30, insignificant compared to the price of everything else!

AC7's don't really start to do their best work till you OC. I'd recommend a Tuniq Tower, Thermaltake Typhoon VX or if you're really feeling adventurous, a Vigor Gaming Monsoon II TEC.

evilr00t

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
AC7's don't really start to do their best work till you OC. I'd recommend a Tuniq Tower, Thermaltake Typhoon VX or if you're really feeling adventurous, a Vigor Gaming Monsoon II TEC.

But who'd buy a 680i and a C2Q Extreme not to overclock? :lol:

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
For air cooling get either Tuniq Tower 120 or Thermalright Ultra 120 w/ push pull fan. That should keep the temps down. Also you can mod the side panel of the case and place a single 120mm fan blowing air in towards the cpu cooler which helps really well in keeping the cpu temps on the low. Like they said if you got the money get that Monsoon TEC cooler for sub ambient temps on idle.