Win2k Pro Setup auto-answer file

alex

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

Hi all,

I planned to re-install my Win2k system. Instead of going through the whole
thing manually, I want to try to make use of the auto-answer file to make it
a bit more automatic.

However, can't find much resources from MS KB. Anyone know any resources
that I can know more about it? I'd like to know all the options available if
possible.

TIA,
Alex

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

This article may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250609

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Alex" wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| I planned to re-install my Win2k system. Instead of going through the
whole
| thing manually, I want to try to make use of the auto-answer file to make
it
| a bit more automatic.
|
| However, can't find much resources from MS KB. Anyone know any resources
| that I can know more about it? I'd like to know all the options available
if
| possible.
|
| TIA,
| Alex

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

The "Microsoft Windows 2000 Guide to Unattended Setup"(Unattend.doc) on the
Microsoft Windows 2000 operating system CD. The Unattend.doc file is part of
the Deploy.cab file in the \Support\Tools folder.

I hope this helps!

"Alex" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I planned to re-install my Win2k system. Instead of going through the whole
> thing manually, I want to try to make use of the auto-answer file to make it
> a bit more automatic.
>
> However, can't find much resources from MS KB. Anyone know any resources
> that I can know more about it? I'd like to know all the options available if
> possible.
>
> TIA,
> Alex

alex

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

Thanks to both jlm & Dave...

"jlm" <jlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The "Microsoft Windows 2000 Guide to Unattended Setup"(Unattend.doc) on
the
> Microsoft Windows 2000 operating system CD. The Unattend.doc file is part
of
> the Deploy.cab file in the \Support\Tools folder.
>
> I hope this helps!
>
> "Alex" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I planned to re-install my Win2k system. Instead of going through the
whole
> > thing manually, I want to try to make use of the auto-answer file to
make it
> > a bit more automatic.
> >
> > However, can't find much resources from MS KB. Anyone know any resources
> > that I can know more about it? I'd like to know all the options
available if
> > possible.
> >
> > TIA,
> > Alex