System freezes

I have the puzzling experience that my computer (Win2k) freezes sometimes.
It seems to happen at random moments.
Settings:
Screen:
screen saver off.
Power management: screen switches off after 10 minutes.
BIOS:
Power suspend mode = 1 hour (=max).

When the computer is left on for some time (can be 1 hour, can be 1 day)
then the system freezes sometimes. Reset gives the 2 tone alarm. Rebooting
brings me in the BIOS screen. After exit everything is OK again.
It is an annoying and time consuming phenomen!
There are days without problem, and days with several times the freezing, I
don't see any logic.
Somebody an idea? Thank you!
Jan

These intermittent problems are frustrating. Check the event logs to see if
you can find any errors during or close to the time the server stops
responding. If so, troubleshoot the event.

Also, make sure you have the latest service packs and patches for win2k.

Hope this helps!

"Jan Janssen" wrote:

> I have the puzzling experience that my computer (Win2k) freezes sometimes.
> It seems to happen at random moments.
> Settings:
> Screen:
> screen saver off.
> Power management: screen switches off after 10 minutes.
> BIOS:
> Power suspend mode = 1 hour (=max).
>
> When the computer is left on for some time (can be 1 hour, can be 1 day)
> then the system freezes sometimes. Reset gives the 2 tone alarm. Rebooting
> brings me in the BIOS screen. After exit everything is OK again.
> It is an annoying and time consuming phenomen!
> There are days without problem, and days with several times the freezing, I
> don't see any logic.
> Somebody an idea? Thank you!
> Jan

Have you checked your CPU temp?

"Jan Janssen" <j.janssen@forget.it> wrote in message
>I have the puzzling experience that my computer (Win2k) freezes sometimes.
> It seems to happen at random moments.
> Settings:
> Screen:
> screen saver off.
> Power management: screen switches off after 10 minutes.
> BIOS:
> Power suspend mode = 1 hour (=max).
>
> When the computer is left on for some time (can be 1 hour, can be 1 day)
> then the system freezes sometimes. Reset gives the 2 tone alarm. Rebooting
> brings me in the BIOS screen. After exit everything is OK again.
> It is an annoying and time consuming phenomen!
> There are days without problem, and days with several times the freezing,
> don't see any logic.
> Somebody an idea? Thank you!
> Jan

> These intermittent problems are frustrating. Check the event logs to see
if
> you can find any errors during or close to the time the server stops
> responding. If so, troubleshoot the event.
>
> Also, make sure you have the latest service packs and patches for win2k.
>
> Hope this helps!

I have.
It's a good idea, waiting for a next error and checking the log. I'll do
that.
Also, jlm, I inspected the fan blades, seems clean.
Thanks!
Jan