How to adding domain user to local computer

Hi,

When users log into the domain, it does not give them any local rights. I
would like to give them power user rights. Currently this is done manually.

My question is how can I automatically add a user to the local machine and
give it power user rights. Can this be done via an AD Policy?

Thanks
SL

you can add Domain Users group to local Power Users group.

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

"slmleung" <slmleung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When users log into the domain, it does not give them any local rights. I
> would like to give them power user rights. Currently this is done
> manually.
>
> My question is how can I automatically add a user to the local machine and
> give it power user rights. Can this be done via an AD Policy?
>
> Thanks
> SL

How can this be done automatically. Is there a way to make the change via a
script? I really don't want to go to every machine and add the group
manually.

"Andrei Ungureanu" wrote:

> you can add Domain Users group to local Power Users group.
>

> --
> Andrei Ungureanu
> www.eventid.net
> Free Windows event logs reports
> http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
>
> "slmleung" <slmleung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When users log into the domain, it does not give them any local rights. I
> > would like to give them power user rights. Currently this is done
> > manually.
> >
> > My question is how can I automatically add a user to the local machine and
> > give it power user rights. Can this be done via an AD Policy?
> >
> > Thanks
> > SL

with NET LOCALGROUP in a startup script or some other ideas here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810076
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Win2000/Q_21289460.html