How to adding domain user to local computer

Hi,

When users log into the domain, it does not give them any local rights. I
would like to give them power user rights. Currently this is done manually.

My question is how can I automatically add a user to the local machine and
give it power user rights. Can this be done via an AD Policy?

Thanks
SL
4 answers Last reply
More about adding domain user local computer

    you can add Domain Users group to local Power Users group.

    --
    Andrei Ungureanu
    www.eventid.net

    "slmleung" <slmleung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > When users log into the domain, it does not give them any local rights. I
    > would like to give them power user rights. Currently this is done
    > manually.
    >
    > My question is how can I automatically add a user to the local machine and
    > give it power user rights. Can this be done via an AD Policy?
    >
    > Thanks
    > SL

    How can this be done automatically. Is there a way to make the change via a
    script? I really don't want to go to every machine and add the group
    manually.

    "Andrei Ungureanu" wrote:

    > you can add Domain Users group to local Power Users group.
    >

    > --
    > Andrei Ungureanu
    > www.eventid.net
    > Free Windows event logs reports
    > http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
    >
    > "slmleung" <slmleung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > When users log into the domain, it does not give them any local rights. I
    > > would like to give them power user rights. Currently this is done
    > > manually.
    > >
    > > My question is how can I automatically add a user to the local machine and
    > > give it power user rights. Can this be done via an AD Policy?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > SL

    with NET LOCALGROUP in a startup script or some other ideas here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810076
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Win2000/Q_21289460.html

    --

    > How can this be done automatically. Is there a way to make the change via
    > script? I really don't want to go to every machine and add the group
    > manually.
    >

    > "Andrei Ungureanu" wrote:
    >
    >> you can add Domain Users group to local Power Users group.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Andrei Ungureanu
    >> www.eventid.net
    >> Free Windows event logs reports
    >> http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
    >>
    >> "slmleung" <slmleung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > When users log into the domain, it does not give them any local rights.
    >> > would like to give them power user rights. Currently this is done
    >> > manually.
    >> >
    >> > My question is how can I automatically add a user to the local machine
    >> > and
    >> > give it power user rights. Can this be done via an AD Policy?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> > SL

  4. I prefer to use Restricted groups for this purpose. Here is a design that allows me to add a domain user to pretty much any local group by adding them to a group in active directory.

    http://davidhazar.blogspot.com/2009/10/active-directory-group-policy.html

Domain Power Computers Windows