Net.framework won't install.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 1, 2005 8:49:34 PM

I go to windows update. It says I need to install net.framework 1.1 Download
successful. Instal has FAILED repeatedly. How do Iget net.framework to
install???

More about : net framework install

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 10:11:46 PM

Try asking them here.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/d...

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"WayneBS" wrote:
|I go to windows update. It says I need to install net.framework 1.1
Download
| successful. Instal has FAILED repeatedly. How do Iget net.framework to
| install???
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 3:20:52 AM

If the .NET Framework had ever been installed and then manually removed it will never install again. Documented.

--
George Hester
_______________________________
"WayneBS" <WayneBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D1ACED2-A4D8-4525-B6D0-08CCA5D457D1@microsoft.com...
> I go to windows update. It says I need to install net.framework 1.1 Download
> successful. Instal has FAILED repeatedly. How do Iget net.framework to
> install???
June 2, 2005 8:22:01 PM

"WayneBS" wrote:

> I go to windows update. It says I need to install net.framework 1.1 Download
> successful. Instal has FAILED repeatedly. How do Iget net.framework to
> install???

I finally SUCCEEDED. I went to the link provided here.5 page instructions. I
had manually removed the folder for net framework so many of the files were
already gone when the instructions told me to remove something. Systemsuites
reg fixer removed the registry lines. The important parts of the instructions
were to re-register installer and delete a UTTxxx. and a mscoree.dll file.
first time I tried it said it was in use. I restarted and it was remivable! I
did NOT use the MSzap sdk in the instructions..that whole file scared me....
I liked the downloaded version of the netfamework better than the
webinstall!!..After deleting the xxx.dll file, I told it to install from .exe
and it went..BEFORE errors galor!!..So with your help THANK YOU it is now
right!!
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 8:28:01 PM

"WayneBS" wrote:

> I go to windows update. It says I need to install net.framework 1.1 Download
> successful. Instal has FAILED repeatedly. How do Iget net.framework to
> install???

The download pointed to here fixed my problem..mostly... It led to a 5 page
set of instructions!!.. I did NOT use the MSzap utility..it scared me!!.I
deleted the net folder and a dll. listed ..after it told me it was in use so
I restarted and I could..Then activated the downloaded exe not net
install..IT INSTALLED!! after previous failures...MANY!! THANK YOU..net
framework CAN be fixed!!
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 4:27:31 PM

Check to make sure the INet Server part works.

--
George Hester

!